Who is the better one between these two hosts?

David

Hi friend:

I want to start online business. I've searched some web hosting companies, and feel these two ( www.infinology.com , www.apollohosting.com ) are both good. Sure, there are differences between the two.

Please advise me: generally speaking, between these two hosts, who is the generally better one that I should pick? Or would you please just mention any better web host than these two?

Thank you very much from my heart!

David

First stop is the Better Business Bureau: AppolloHosting.com has a satisfactory record versun Infinology unsatisfactory. First flag against infinology.

I have called Infinology once. I don't think I have ever heard so many "hold please" in my life. Was "hold please" about 25 times. After about 14 minutes hung up. Try it yourself. Second flag.

I have heard oh-so-many stories about poor billing issues (often overcharging), as well as tech support not available all the time. Lots of downtime. Third flag.

I've heard of AppolloHosting before, but never heard anything bad.

The best way for you to act is e-mail both, ask questions (try calling) - see how fast and how useful they are in their answers. Ask for a guarantee (or test-drive), etc. All those questions will more likely let them know that you're a serious client and that you expect outstanding service on their part.

Another option is to just list your quote on this forum in "Hosting Requests" forum and I'm sure you'll get even better custom offers (including pricing) than any of the big companies out there for a few reasons: smaller companies are more flexible and they will more likely provide more individual support. Huge companies work primarily with their plans and almost never customize their offers. Anyway, just try this option - see how you do. There are plenty of better hosts here.

Good luck in your search David!

Hi Artashes:

Thank you very much from my heart for your friendly reply and help. I highly cherish your views.

My best wishes to you,

David

Hey David, you're welcome to seek any help on web hosting issues on this forum at any time!

Good luck!

PS: And let us know how your shopping for a host goes for you.

Hi Artashes:

Good morning! And good to hear from you again.

I'm still searching and evaluating several hosting plans. Frankly, I do feel uncertain about which hosting company is generally the best and which hosting plan is the best offer. I have never had any web host before. My initial option is a 'Wal-Mart Style" hosting package at this point: high quality and low fee. I don't know if I can get it. Still try to find.

David

Hi David..

Sounds like you are on the right track in search of hosting! Be sure to send some pre-sales emails to your potential host before signing up. You would be surprised how this one thing gets overlooked many times.

Hi Martie:

I very appreciate your wise advice: "Be sure to send some pre-sales emails to your potential host before signing up. You would be surprised how this one thing gets overlooked many times." This is the first time I get such smart suggestion.

My best wishes to you,

David

Well the simple reasoning behind that is you would be surprised as well at some of those emails that never get answered!
Also do you already have a domain name registered?
I would advise getting that done, and then all that you will need to do is make your DNS changes (point your domain name record to your new hosting DNS server) which the host will include in their Welcome email to you.
I recommend www.000domains.com at 13.50 year OR www.godaddy.com for 8.95 year.
Both have very easy domain maintenance features.