Who among us can relate to poor customer support?

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
Me yelling Representative.jpg
What's the longest you've been stuck on hold when calling for customer support. Mine is about an hour listening to horrible hold music - drove me crazy. Yeah, that explains a lot. :LOL:

3 hours in live chat (2 disconnections) with COX trying to resolve an upload speed issue. Not resolved.
Tech needs to visit, so that's a 3 day wait time.
Tech shows - "I don't see any problems, speeds show 11Mbps upload"
I show screenshots for 0.3 and 0.1 and 3Mbps at various times throughout the past 5 days.
"don't know what to tell you - here's an invoice for $75'
Tech leaves, 2 hours later, speed at 1Mbps again :(
Back on phone and live chat with Tech Support

3 hours in live chat (2 disconnections) with COX trying to resolve an upload speed issue. Not resolved.
Tech needs to visit, so that's a 3 day wait time.
Tech shows - "I don't see any problems, speeds show 11Mbps upload"
I show screenshots for 0.3 and 0.1 and 3Mbps at various times throughout the past 5 days.
"don't know what to tell you - here's an invoice for $75'
Tech leaves, 2 hours later, speed at 1Mbps again :(
Back on phone and live chat with Tech Support
OMG that sounds so familiar. Happened to me a couple of times. Super frustrating.

It's also the boiling point that makes you switch providers. If they can't fix it, your business is going to someone who can.

Here too I can relate. I have underground cable to my home, but that's fed overhead from across the street. Charter accidentally cut that coax and I caught that while their truck was still a few houses up. Instead of immediately returning to fix their error, they had to enter a separate support ticket and that caused a loss of Internet here for over a week.

Here too I can relate. I have underground cable to my home, but that's fed overhead from across the street. Charter accidentally cut that coax and I caught that while their truck was still a few houses up. Instead of immediately returning to fix their error, they had to enter a separate support ticket and that caused a loss of Internet here for over a week.
Bureaucracy at its finest.

4.5 / 3.5 / 1+ hours. Wow, folks, you have fantastic patience. For me - waiting more than half an hour, it's like torture and I cut off my call in any way :)
Yeah, but when you need an answer, you need an answer :)

I have a Dyson lamp on my desk. It's one of those that change from daylight (bright white) to amber. The Amber is no longer working, but there's no way to replace it. You must send it back to them. I spent time with an agent, got disconnected, had to go back through everything again and after another hour, disconnected. They had no record of me calling. I still have my broken lamp on my desk (bright white works). But it's a $900 lamp and I'm too annoyed to get back on the phone again! It's been 9 months and I'm still annoyed!