WHMreseller good or bad?

HostedInside

What do you guys think of WHMreseller (alpha reseller, master reseller) is it good or bad? I can see it hit the market, but from a server resource and security point of view is it good?

The WHMReseller I know of doesn't offer Alpha resellers, unless they recently changed that?

We are using WHMPHP for our master reseller packages and have no complaints.

They have just recently allowed you to offer Alpha Resellers. They (brett deason) is slow on the support front, but in the 9 years i have been using it, i have only contacted him twice as its very stable.

Now days reseller service are stopped by the good hosting company. As reseller accounts oversell the server and degrade the performance of server. So staring reseller service on your server think about it twice.

In my opinion WHMreseller is not a good idea as many hosting companies are stopped reseller services as they reduce the server performance & are not so flexible...

If you're thinking in terms of using a WHMReseller to start a business, that's a great way to start. The best thing to do is start as a reseller, and slowly work your way to owning your own servers.

If you're talking in terms of starting a reseller service, you've got to have good means of monitoring your clients: usage, performance, scripts/content hosted, and payment of overages. If you aren't willing to put in the time and effort to watch your resellers closely, I would not invest in any sort of reseller hosting.

because VPS has everything to control and I use the re seller from a good hosting company that enable to support unlimited of everything at a cheap price.

Well, a VPS is needed to actually install the software so that would be the better reason :).

As for the software itself, I haven't used it. Why not get a test server online and evaluate it? After all, they do offer a 14 day free trial.

I do agree that WHMReseller at leaset need a VPS to start out because VPS has everything to control and I use the re seller from a good hosting company that enable to support unlimited of everything at a cheap price.

You cant install WHMReseller or it's competitors Zamfoo and WHMPHP on anything less than a VPS as these are root enabled software that allows a host to create resellers accounts.

Simply in case of overselling i is bad. But if you have good management it is ok and good. No issues. Master Resellers ok but going more such as Super Alphas may get loaded.