WHMCS Tips, articles, etc

whmcsguru

So, one of the reasons I went the way I chose recently was not just to sell WHMCS related stuff, but maybe to impart some of my experience with WHMCS over the past few years. Of course, selling addons/modules/etc is going to be what makes me the $$$ (hopefully?), but I feel that there's a good need for some WHMCS guides, tutorials, walkthroughs out there. Their docs are rather lacking in that respect (or so I feel)

That said, I've started up the 'blog' section of WHMCS Guru. Partly to do that, partly to promote my own stuff ( a bit ).

So, the question now, I guess would be... What would you like to see in there (WHMCS related, of course)? What parts of WHMCS are you finding confusing, or needing a bit more help with than the docs themselves provide?

It's good that you've created a blog of WHMCS articles. I'm probably not the right person to answer your question but I think anything you could add that goes beyond the WHMCS docs is going to be beneficial to people.

Good luck with the blog. I've always found the WHMCS docs to be quite useful, at least for the topics they cover.

That being said, DemoWolf (video tutorial company) recently relaunched and it seems they will be releasing a WHMCS series sometime this year so do keep an eye out on that.

As for your question, they focus on the features they offer but really lack when it comes to customization (which every company generally does in one way or another). I'm referring to: Website design integrations, removing clutter from the order form (header etc) and the more advanced customizations.

Yeah, their documentation on customization (even as far as development) is really, really lacking. I started with the MySQL basics because, well, I had such a hard time working through the laravel stuff it's not funny. Their own documentation on that is just bad.

I agree that their documents provide only the basics. Glad to see you are putting together some documents on this. I wish they would prune out some of the older information on their website as well. Such as the old modules that are years out of date. It gets a bit frustrating to trying to sort through them all.

I have no real experience with module design or the such and rely on people like you Whmcsguru and Zomex among others to help guide me through.

Videos on how to do some of the things involved in securing your whmcs and setting it up would be extremely helpful when someone encounters an issue.

So, one of the reasons I went the way I chose recently was not just to sell WHMCS related stuff, but maybe to impart some of my experience with WHMCS over the past few years. Of course, selling addons/modules/etc is going to be what makes me the $$$ (hopefully?), but I feel that there's a good need for some WHMCS guides, tutorials, walkthroughs out there. Their docs are rather lacking in that respect (or so I feel)

That said, I've started up the 'blog' section of WHMCS Guru. Partly to do that, partly to promote my own stuff ( a bit ).

So, the question now, I guess would be... What would you like to see in there (WHMCS related, of course)? What parts of WHMCS are you finding confusing, or needing a bit more help with than the docs themselves provide?
Bookmarked. Love your site and thanks for sharing.

Videos on how to do some of the things involved in securing your whmcs and setting it up would be extremely helpful when someone encounters an issue.

I'm not so sure that a video would be helpful in this case? I tend to rely on text for that more than anything.

I've kind of hit a lull right now. When it comes to ideas and creativity, it's not me. I'm the guy who likes to hide behind the scenes and do the work, not the one that comes up with the ideas :)