WHMCS and SFTP

A quick look on their site states they allow you to store backups in multiple storage locations and can store 7 days worth of backups. And even if that is false (I doubt it), there are plenty of other alternative solutions in this space.

The setting dont allow this, even their new revamped version, daily,weekly, monthly and the 7 day retention, but just to 1 location as only facilities to add 1 set of backup server details.

The setting dont allow this, even their new revamped version, daily,weekly, monthly and the 7 day retention, but just to 1 location as only facilities to add 1 set of backup server details.

Then honestly you're better off looking at an alternative backup software as there are plenty of alternatives and sending it to your email is just not secure.

Then honestly you're better off looking at an alternative backup software as there are plenty of alternatives and sending it to your email is just not secure.

i do send a backup using cpremote to a backup server under FTPS of my whole site.

The issue is the WHMCS backup system is only to backup the database, which will be sent to a different server, but as stated WHMCS wont allow this as they dont know how to set up the backup system to use SFTP or to backup over 20MB.

Im not going to convice you by telling that WHMCS is Better or Worst, each client decide freelly, blesta is the only One, so if Blesta dosent support some function or you whant to change something, you can do it without any problems. No other software in this buissness do this :)

the latest thing is WHMCS support told me why do i not remove the SFTP security so i can use it.

i wonder what planet these support guys are on, telling a client to remove server security to use a feature that within 5 mins they could set up to use SFTP

This is something that should be a priority really especially considering your WHMCS is the most vital and sensitive part of any software and business.

Personally I don't use the backup feature at all and never have. I prefer to take manual backups every 2 days.

This is something that should be a priority really especially considering your WHMCS is the most vital and sensitive part of any software and business.

Personally I don't use the backup feature at all and never have. I prefer to take manual backups every 2 days.

a lot WHMCS can do and should do, but dont

Its the same with their mail feature

you set up SMTP settings and they work, but when they fail they just tell you to change to PHP Mail (), so you do and then when this fails they tell you to change to SMTP and this goes on and one without them actually looking to see why these fail.

i now have it set using SMTP but using sparkpost and no issues.