What's with RackShack?

H

hypernatic.net

I wonder,

what is with Rackshack.net?
I mean they offer great prices, but I also heard bad things about them... What for example?

When I called them I found them to be a little weird... You can't have a full C-Class of IPs even when you pay for it and sign a contract for it, or have a PLAIN install of redhat on your server without all the Plesk/Ensim crap on it...
But then again, the prices are great... :erm:

Anyone else have any experiences?

I am running 5 boxes with rackshack but never had any problem with them. Your post seems to be clueless !! I can't find any complain in your post. Think if you are at rackshack's place. How would you handle all the requests when you have hundreds of servers running ?

I don't really have any complaints, for I am not yet with them... But I am interested and just asking for experiences and thoughts...

I personally know the owner of rackshack and he has always seemed that customer support is number 1 to him, And yes he deals are very good.

Vibe said:
I personally know the owner of rackshack and he has always seemed that customer support is number 1 to him, And yes he deals are very good.

Maybe that is #1 to HIM. But the rest of his half as crew dont seem to give a s%*t. Everything seems to be a "restore recommended" over at that place.. I agree no one can beat there prices but is it really worth dealing with the hastle just to save 75 bucks or so a month?

hey okihost your correct in every way

Its kinda stupid that they have people working as customer support that dont give a damn about customers

:flame: Customer support

Vibe, you were a customer at rackshack?

Also with rackshack's prices, you get what you pay for folks. You can't expect top of the line service when they pay their employees less..

No I was never a customer of Rackshack but I have talken to many people that have been or currently are customers.

Oh ok ;).

Friendly warning :rolleyes:
Be careful about flaming competitors when there isn't any personal experience, I have a friend who CIHost tried to sue for that lol (Was a post on WHT actually).

Rewdog I guess you never read the whole thread
Like i stated above I';m a friend of the owner. And I never ripped on them i just said there support is poor.

Ahh ok, I read it but didn't catch it was the same username.

You are a friend of owner who puts customer support #1.

then

customer support that dont give a damn about customers.

Know it came off directly at you mate, just made the point for all to read.

:beer:

Rackshack is pretty good ...

Good support
Quick connections
Good server specs
Cheap price

And another e-gig connection coming soon ( verio ) :eek:

moogz said:
my server there blew up :mad:

i got a refund and i never looked back :)

Stuff like that happends ... not there fault ... faultly hardware ... probally :eek:

At least you got your money back :rolleyes:

God, you do get around don't you cdude18uk?

I'm GameCube from the fws.net forums :D

Nice to see you :]