What's going on with powerwebspace? Been down for almost a week !

Brian H

I hope this is the proper forum to post this, but anyone know what's going on with powerwebspace.com?? It's been completely down for almost a week now!

Thanks.

paul-ukwsd said:
powerwebspace.com works ok for me, is it your site you are having problems viewing or theirs?

It just came back up this afternoon! Any site using them for their webspace, including powerwebspace.com, has been "page not found." For almost a week now..! I wonder what happened.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Best advice I can give is get a backup of your site and find it a new home, a week of downtime is not acceptable.

Hmm, a week of downtime is really quite a bit. As of now, the page loads fine for me, although its very slow.

Thanks guys. I'd like to email them to ask what happened but their support site (www.ipowersupport.com) seems to still be down. It's been a pretty aggravating event.. my fiance also uses powerwebspace for hosting and email, and missed an email about a job interview!

Brian, is there not an eMail address you can use? Sometimes, even if the Domain is not working, eMail will.

I would agree with the others in that, any Domain that is critical for any purpose should probably not be hosted at ipowerweb. Been is some discussions with others that are leaving there -- for the same reason of poor service.

Powerwebspace has been very flaky lately, and according to bullfly.com, powerwebspace has allegedly been exposed of some poor business practices (spamming).

Am I reading bullfly.com correctly? I was also under the impression that Bullfly and Powerwebspace were affliated in some way.

I'm a novice domain owner, so am I mistaken or am I misreading all of this?

You might be right on this Brian, but from what it says its tought to find any affiliation with powerwebspace though.

Best,