what to do with unverified paypal payments

I agree with many, the unregistred just means they don't have PayPal, still have a CC or debit card that works great. Do NOT allow e-checks though.

Wait, what? UK ID cards don't have a photo?
How do you prove who you are then, when you go to a bank or a government institution, etc.?

the UK government DO NOT issue ID cards to its residence (photo or non photo). If a UK resident needs Photo ID then they have to apply for a UK passport

Do NOT allow e-checks though.

If you use Paypal then you have no choice if someone pays by e-cheque, this is a feature of Paypal and cannot be turned off. We would not activate any service if this method is used until the fund have cleared into our account.

the UK government DO NOT issue ID cards to its residence (photo or non photo). If a UK resident needs Photo ID then they have to apply for a UK passport

That's strange. But i guess everyone needs an ID, so then every UK citized should have a passport?

If you use Paypal then you have no choice if someone pays by e-cheque, this is a feature of Paypal and cannot be turned off. We would not activate any service if this method is used until the fund have cleared into our account.

Actually i think you can block e-check payments in paypal, but i don't see a reason why you want to do it. One just has to accept that e-check payments are not instant and the payment is complete when the e-check clears, which takes several days.

In paypal, under "Payment Receiving Preferences" there is a check box which says: "Pay with eCheck or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay. NOTE: You may not block eCheck payments on eBay."

That's strange. But i guess everyone needs an ID, so then every UK citized should have a passport?

But not everyone can afford a passport

A standard adult passport costs £72.50, or £81.25 if you use the Post Office’s Passport Check & Send service. Child passports cost £46.00 by post, or £54.75 using Check & Send.

In the UK once you leave school you are given a National Insurance number, which you must provide if you contact any government agency, but that's all a UK resident is provided with

@easyhostmedia how do you vote then? Do you need to show a passport for this?
And when you tell this National Insurance Number to a government agency, how do you prove it is yours and you didn't just memorize a number that is not yours?

By the way passports and ID cards are not free here either.

@easyhostmedia how do you vote then? Do you need to show a passport for this?
And when you tell this National Insurance Number to a government agency, how do you prove it is yours and you didn't just memorize a number that is not yours?

By the way passports and ID cards are not free here either.

each year every household is sent out a form to be amended and signed and returned which confirms the amount of adults (over 18s) in each house and then at elections they send out each adult a voting card to take to a polling station

each year every household is sent out a form to be amended and signed and returned which confirms the amount of adults (over 18s) in each house and then at elections they send out each adult a voting card to take to a polling station

Similar practice in Canada. However, when you show up at a polling station - how do you prove your identity?

Similar practice in Canada. However, when you show up at a polling station - how do you prove your identity?

you hand then the polling card they sent you and they give you the slip to make your vote.
It has been years since i have used polling station as i use postal voting, where the voting slip is posted top me to post back.

How do they know it is you who is voting then, and not your brother or someone else who happens to have your voting card?

How do they know it is you who is voting then, and not your brother or someone else who happens to have your voting card?

no idea, its just they way its been done for years. I know a few years ago the government were considering introducing Photo ID cards, but this would be a voluntary scheme, but this idea was squashed when they worked out what it would cost to implement

You should use some form of fraud detection technique to prevent fraudulent orders from unverified accounts. There are many companies which provide these services. They verify phone number of the users to determine the authenticity of the order and help you eliminate fraudulent orders.

We get payments from unverified paypal accounts and so far haven't had any trouble. Not all are fraudsters just because of an unverified account.

Chad

We get payments from unverified paypal accounts and so far haven't had any trouble. Not all are fraudsters just because of an unverified account.

Chad

Exactly as i have stated before, with Paypal, before you become verified you have to be unverified, so does that mean everyone with a PP account is fraudsters until they get verified.

By the way, PayPal used to have a count (an eBay rank of sort) of the number of transactions an account made. Is that information still available anywhere in their system?