What is your favorite Billing Script for your webhosting?

neq3host

Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys know which for you the best billing software is from the world.

I have this poll to see which is the best and then it looks like a award. But take a look and vote on the next following poll.

I used in the past years 4 different billing scripts.

2009 - 2011 BoxBilling
2011 - 2012 TheHostingTool
2012 - 2016 HostBill
2016 - Now WHMCS.

WHMCS is for now my best billing software and useble for my iPhone and iPad.

I've tried various scripts but WHMCS comes out on top for me. It's a mix of good value and reliability, they've been in business for a long time and proven themseleves (not without their down moments of course).

You missed Blesta :eek: We use that and haven't had any issues and it's 99.6% open code, so we can make changes we need. I used to be a WHMCS customer until May 2013, just before localhost.re showed how bad their code was. Whilst I was lucky, a few mates wasn't and had to put their systems offline. But cPanel own 49% of WHMCS so should kick them into place but they would need a full rewrite to do so, with an audit. But people use what they like, Security or Features. Myself I like security.

I've only tested and used 3 of those scripts

...just saying, maybe my vote doesn't carry enough weight. Sometimes I wish ClientExec would step it's game up because that is really nice software.

Hands down, WHMCS. I love the extendability of it. I love the fact that it utilizes smarty. It's not the most 'secure' system in the world (we all know there have been hacks), but if you know what you're doing, you can easily make it more secure.