What is the cheapest way to start domain reselling

What is the cheapest way to start reselling domains?

I want to offer domains to customers but dont want to fork out $100 with enom to start

You can get an 8.95 eNom reseller account for prett close to free these days from an eNom reseller. You could then use Registry Rocket to handle the orders. If that goes well you could move to DRAMS, whois.cart or eNom's PDQ system.

You could also check out directi. I think I have seen a few resellers off reseller accounts from 6.95 to 8.95. They also have an order system you can use.

But when you get an encom reseller account you still have to put in $100 to start using the account.
You cant buy any domains until you put a minimum of $100 into your account.
I know you get get the eNom reseller accounts setup for free as a subreseller but its the initial charge of putting money into the account, I would rather pay by the domain as you would with namecheap etc.

Enom isn't the way to go. I love using Namecheap, they have a great interface, and a nice looking site. Also paypal is accepted, John also says they are starting a reseller program, I can't wait :)

Yeah I also said their reseller programme would be out in December...which I was told by Name Cheap.
Then I got another email every 2 weeks saying just another few days...a few more...not long now :rolleyes:

My last one was about 2 weeks ago and I got admin access to the reseller control panel and it looked finished to me, was using the account of one of the name cheap admins so I could preview it.
Its still not available and after waiting so long I think im going to go with DirectI or something..just need to get something because I have been waiting so long

Stephan if you use eNom's Registry Rocket you will not need to make the $100 depost. The deposit is for buying domains of your own or using a third party program like DRAMs or whois.cart.

Also if you use a third party program you can use paypal and other payment options as well. I haven't signed up for a DirectI account yet. I am waiting for some of the API bugs to be worked out.

How would the payment work if you are using their Registry Rocket Rox Off?
Do you just pay per domain as an order comes in?

Why is there a difference with the need to make a deposit if your using a third party script?

When you are setup under a Reseller through enom, you are setup up either as a retail account or a reseller account here are the differences:

The main difference is how they pay for registrations, and whether or not they have reseller options.

RETAIL

enom will bill their (the sub account which is you) credit card on file for every transaction you (the parent account - meaning whoever set you up to begin with) will pay 3% sales fee and a 95 cent transaction fee for every order they do not have access to create Sub Accounts, RegistryRocket sites, the PDQ, and they cannot download the API sample scripts.

RESELLER - this is where the $100 minimum funding requirement comes into play. Also, note that if you pay via check you do not have a minimum of the $100.

they (meaning you) will refill their account to pay for orders (refill fees are paid by the sub account holder). the parent reseller does not pay any fees each transaction is deducted from their balance they can download the API, setup RegistryRocket links, create a PDQ and create sub accounts sub accounts can use their own merchant services for the API (they cannot use eNom merchant services).

------------------------
This information available form their site. Hope it helps you undertand a bit about enom accounts.

:D

When you RR, eNom handles the payment processing.

You setup RR from your reseller control panel. There is a step by step process with instructions. Here is the part to think about. You set the sale price based on the our price(8.95 unless your have one of the older accounts) plus $0.95 and 3% per transaction. So you would need to set your price at $10.20 or higher to make any profit. (8.95 + 0.95 + 3%(0.30))

eNom will then generate a link to an order page for you. It is not the best looking order page, but it works. This is a way for you to start offering domains now at no cost. Most resellers offer 8.95 accounts for free now. To get a lower base price will cost more money. The 6.95 reseller accounts from a eNom Reseller(ETP) run about $300+.

You could also look at DirectI. I looked at that enough to no if a desposit is required.

You could also use eNom's PDQ service which is a ready to go setup domain selling website but there is a $99 per yeare charge.

Thanks for this thread and hope to see more, I resell for Wild West Domains and they were not cheap, $99 to start and you get discounts off each domain for example you sell the domain for $8.00 and your cost is $6.00 then you make money on the difference minus a small %. Only benefits you if you plan on selling a lot of domains. You do sell all their producs though and make money off of more than just domains. Such as the merchant account and traffic blazer and such.
I have some guy that found me and keeps using me so I am offerring him a discount to keep using me so that he benefits and I benefit by keeping him as a client.
Freckled

I looked at WildWest but was concerned. If you search through other hosting and domain forums you will find reports from WildWest users about GoDaddy sending emails out to all the users promoting thier product. Which only hurts the reseller in the end.

I think in many cases (ours anyway) you make very little off of domain registrations, but it is an added option for your customers. Being able to offer your webhosting customers good pricing on domains keeps them at your site and not visiting another low-priced domain provider and being bombarded with other options such as hosting.

You want to make the visit/experience as complete as possible for your customers and offering one stop shopping at reasonable rates is a large part of it.

My thoughts :)

Rox Off said:
I looked at WildWest but was concerned. If you search through other hosting and domain forums you will find reports from WildWest users about GoDaddy sending emails out to all the users promoting thier product. Which only hurts the reseller in the end.

They actually give each sign up the opt out option on any e-mail otherwise yes they will get Go Daddy emails.
You can also turn off their webhosting option.

I usually just register my customers that need it and then transfer the domain to them at no cost to either of us.

I am surprised though at the number of people that use it and don't host with me. Just a couple cents extra a month but hey, I am ok with that.

I was looking into a different one as I want one the integrates with WHM Auto Pilot.

Freckled