What is the best domain backorder company?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
There is an expiring domain that I would like to try to register when it drops. It must have been years since I've tried to backorder anything, so I am out of the loop on the best domain backorder companies in the business today.

I know that to increase my chances I will probably have to use more than 1 backordering service, so what are the best ones?

The domain is currently with Name.com, so I am wondering if they are a good drop catcher themselves of the names they release back into the wild...

Hello Artashes,

I hope is not too late or I hope you got your domain name.

If it hasn't happened yet then you should signup to a few drop catchers to make sure you have a good chance at getting the name without going to auction.

Yearsssss ago I wanted a name really bad. At the time it was going to drop in febuary of 2008 but I knew about in October of 2007. I didn't tell anyone at all I signed up to a few drop catchers and the day that it dropped I got an email from godaddy congratulating me on getting the name.

If you really want the domain the best thing to do is to backorder at multiple places. Pheenix, Dynadot, DropCatch, etc.

DropCatch has 1200 registrars so they are the best bet for dropcatching these days. You never know though.

If you want to find expired domains, go to expireddomain .net and justdropped .net. Then do backorder at many big guys such as Godaddy, Namecheap, Name, Namesilo,...I think all having high reputation and worth to buy at them. IMO

Try also moonsy.com/expired_domains/ for expired domains with lots of info about them, such as domain age and DA.

Placing a backorder with multiple different companies is better. Snapnames and dropcatch are quite popular nowadays for this

Funnily, the name I was after finally got released into the wild, but I didn't expect such a demand. In the first day, it went to auction with over 130 bids and current price around $1100 already.

Doesn't hurt to dream though. :D

PS: I have placed 2 backorders, one with GoDaddy and one with SnapNames. SnapNames seems to have been faster in this instance.

If you really want the domain the best thing to do is to backorder at multiple places. Pheenix, Dynadot, DropCatch, etc.

DropCatch has 1200 registrars so they are the best bet for dropcatching these days. You never know though.
agree, DropCatch is the best currently

try snapdomains.com

I've used them once and they got me the domain that i wanted
just heared it, how much the minimum price?

I'm not sure if they do back orders but I used domainagents.com recently and its good. Had a domain I needed, they contacted the owner and by negotiating through their website, we got the price down.

it all comes down to what domain registrar currently runs the domain name may times they action even with a back order every one here provided great answers

I think you should go with FreshDrop or Snapnames. These are the best as I prefer them for this purpose. They are user friendly and provide best services. I hope this would we helpful for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode