What is easier to sell?

GordyMac

What do you think is easier to sell..

Shared Hosting Accounts?
Reseller Accounts?
VPS/VDS?
Dedicated Servers?

What do you sell and why?

None of those are easy to sell, which is why it is such a competitive business these days. If you are wanting to sell any of these 4 things, you need to make sure you have the experience and the expertise to do so. Each of those 4 hosting options has different needs and resource demands.

From my shoes Im in right now it is easier to sell hosting and dedicated servers.... but that is what I am most familiar with which is why I tend to market these products more than VDS and Resellers.

i dont think any are easier to sell because of the market at the minute but there is a lot of people wanting to buy reseller accounts at the minute because of the "boom" of "make a buck and run" companies that get a small reseller, oversell, get their money, then run and leave the customers.
A lot of people think that if they buy a reseller account they will make a wad of cash very quickly without any work since there are so many sites out there, when the real hosts know this is nowhere near the reality.

I only do shared hosting but Im thinking of doing VDS/VPS but I wont do it until I have a lot of experience with testing it out myself first

For me, I think dedicated servers is quite easy to sell not to mention shared hosting. But on average I sell a lot more of dedicated servers than shared hosting which you might think is weird...so do I :)

Shared is the only one I will ever do :) I will get a dedicated server, but no resellers only for the reason that I don't want to have hardware issues on me from another host :) So, pressure is less on when your only doing shared hosting.