What if your client was using unlicensed scipts?

BlackStorm

If a client of yours was using unlicensed scripts what would you do?
For example if one user was using a vBulletin which you knew was unlicensed/pirate, would you tell them to change it, suspend their account, report it to jelsoft (vbulletin owners) or just leave it?

I would just ask them to remove it and give them instructions on how to convert the board to another forum script and if they dont change the board within 1 week I would report a link to their forum to jelsoft.

Jelsoft sends out an email then saying they must remove it within 30 days or something like that and if they dont, they wil ltake legal action.

I would ask them to get rid of that as well as any other illegal software they may have on there, public or private. I would give them probably a week, if that long to take it down, and if they did not remove it, I would tell them I would have no choice but to report them to the owner of the product.

After the one week I would allow them to take it down, if they still did not and I was sure they got my emails, I would suspend their account immediatly as well as report them to vBulletin and show them the illegal software.

I would really hate to do this to one of my own clients, but when they refuse to listen, and it could hurt your company, it has to be done.

I havent had a problem with pirated scripts yet.... just illegal mp3 files so far.

I cleary have marked in our TOS/User agreement that unlicensed / Pirated material will not ber permitted on the servers.

I would probably send an email to the user doing such actions and request that it be either removed or that a licensed version be installed. Otherwise face account termination.

I have had a problem with copyright mp3 files being shared too.
It happened once so i just gave a warning and directed the user to the TOS but then after a few weeks I found more copyright mp3s so I had to terminate the account.

Terminating an account is not something any host wants to have to do, but I mean when they violate the TOS and do not clean up their act, what other choice does the webhost have?

Yeah i know, i hate terminating an account but I cant keep one on if its putting my business at risk by sharing illegal mp3 files so i had to terminate.

It would be different if it was an unlicensed vBulletin though, their tactics are a lot different from the RIAA and similar organisations