What Do You Think Of This?

FastNetServers

I was just wondering that it would be great if all the programmers in the hosting industry or a bunch could develop a good control panel with everything a web hosting company would require like billing system, helpdesk, live chat and other important tools and then distribute it for FREE?

I mean the programmers could make $$$ off advertising I would suppose but I think that this would be an awesome idea...What about YOU?

I think a lot of people want to make money from anything they work on, even if advertising was done and money made from it, when split between everyone working on it people wouldnt be happy and I think a lot would argue about features that should be included etc. etc.

its a really great idea but I dont think it would work out

I know it wont work out but it would be great to see if it does...A lot of programmers out there need $$$ because of life :)...I mean this could happen if there was someone managing it like getting in sponsors and cash flowing in for the programmers to work on the control panel but overall in the end the control panel would be FREE to web hosting companies...I would love to be incharge of something like this when I have time :D

It would be cool to make something like that, really nice and everything with only a couple other people helping you.. could make some nice money.

Well I dont want to make money from it :D. I want to help out the web hosting industry with something that is going to be useful to their day to day needs...LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY :)

You could just start an open source project on source forge (sourceforge.net) and use it like that and people can contribute to the development.
Thats how phpbb is run

Wouldnt most hosts not use it though, as a lot already have such a control panel like thing, of one form or another as soon as they get started. Maybe for future hosts though.

It's a good idea though

Its a great idea and all... getting programmers together and getting all that made.... but part of the reason you see so many things being released for hosting companies is that not everything has been thought of.

Im sure when cpanel/ensim came out the programmers through that they had created the sweetest server management software ever.... they just failed to think about billing systems... so the whmautopilot, clientexec , modernbill came out.... and that was awsome so people installed it on their systems... then they realized that those billing systems didnt include their merchant account they had.... so a programmer then wrote a addon script that managed that.

So as long as people come out with software that they think covers everything... someone is going to think of something else that that program doesnt do and make a mod for it. It is just how the world works..

Good Idea in Theory....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8