What do you think of .asia domain name?

The great thing about such region-specific domains is the primary initial impression they will leave on the audience. In fact, when you use an .asia address to launch your hosting business or give a business card to potential customers having your email account connected with the same root, you will be quickly telling them that your hosting company mainly tries to target the Asian market that is huge.

Of course even in Asian countries, you can still find plenty of large and small hosting service providers that use .com and .net addresses but .asia can be one great solution for those commercial entities that look for unregistered domains and want to indirectly promote their newly set up companies. Announcing that their companies mainly competes with others in the Asian market.

It has nothing to do with the success. I doubt a domain will make or break a business. What's important is what you offer and what you do that makes it worthwhile for customers.

Having said that, have seen a few people use the .asia domain and put it to good use already.

The TLD is great for for targeting the Asian market, but I don't think you would capture a large audience from outside that area other than the foreign nationals that live there. What is your target audience? In my personal opinion, its just like using any other regional TLD. .co.uk, .ca, .us, .au - they all server a purpose but how often do you come across .us? I rarely see it, same with .ca. About the only really popular regional TLD I see is .co.uk

I don't think that .asia is a good choice, because for google the best extensions are .com and .net
I don't think that .asia would be in the top10 domain extensions.

I think it will go far in the future.

I doubt a domain will make or break a business. What's important is what you offer and what you do that makes it worthwhile for customers

It is very important you choose the right name for your business before hand :).