What do you think about Clubhouse?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Who here is on Clubhouse and what are your thoughts about this new social phenomena?

I see the invites all the time in the various groups I'm in, however I'm a Pixel user, so no app for me :)

Never heard of it, but just performed some research only to find mostly negative reviews. What are the strengths to using this?

Never heard of it, but just performed some research only to find mostly negative reviews. What are the strengths to using this?
The big thing behind it is a less censored environment. In many ways I think of it like Mixer in that it's basically a live conference call. Anyone can show up and listen in on a conversation, or hangout for the day or night.

I put it in line with YouTube too, in the area that people are always running a free class of some sort that you can jump in and learn with (and discuss with others).

Similar to SnapChat, nothing is recorded, so you're either listening live, or you missed it. There's no private messages, no comments (text), it's all live audio all the time.

Years ago I used to have a TeamSpeak that I just kept live, and various people would jump in from time to time to chat. Of course we had breakout rooms for private chat too, but most people just hung out in the lobby while working or playing games and chatted.

It's definitely different.

It's one of those things that is on my 'might like to take a look at this' list.

Unfortunately that's a few levels of to-do list down from the stuff that actually gets done :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexander Enrique