What configure should I use for WordPress shopping site?

HifiveHost

So, Anyone can help me with what configure should I use on the server that can make my website load fast and handle high traffic connections.

Also, suggest being the best-paid plugin that I can use for images optimization.

A web server with litespeed and lscache for wordpress would be good, you should start with a good shared hosting plan then upgrade to a VPS when you get out of resource.

It really depends on what you mean by high traffic, but very briefly...

The reality is that whether you are using LiteSpeed, OpenLiteSpeed, Apache, Nginx, or anything else, unless you have a really huge amount of traffic your choice of web server is not going to be the first point of slowdown.

If you are going to be dealing with millions of visits then Nginx or a version of LS will do better than Apache, and of the two Nginx will need more careful setup and tuning.

Use a modern PHP version, ideally 8 but 7.4 if you are going to use any WP plugins that don't like 8. Make sure it has enough memory and is properly tuned, the same goes for databases, we always use MariaDB.

I'm presuming that since you run a hosting company you are going to spin up a VPS or you have some space on a server with plenty of spare resources, so that isn't going to be a problem.

When it comes to caching, if you are using LiteSpeed then use the LSCache plugin, it is the best option by far. Otherwise take your pick from Swift Performance, or Simple Cache (or you might like to try Breeze on Nginx servers).

Everyone will have a different opinion about image optimisation, but in my experience the best by far (free or paid) is ShortPixel. If you are using LSCache the the built in image optimisation is also very good and is free.

A web server with litespeed and lscache for wordpress would be good, you should start with a good shared hosting plan then upgrade to a VPS when you get out of resource.
As of now, the website is already hosted on a shared plan but the theme using for WordPress they have lost of plugin which can't perform well on the shared plan that why need to switch to VPS.

It's also worth taking a look at what the plugins are and if any of them massively impact performance negatively. Sometimes changing a few of them or just dropping things that are not actually doing anything useful can make a big difference.

I'm going to go a different route and suggest Prestashop built on top of Litespeed or Nginx. I would base your decision on the software you are most comfortable with.

I feel Prestashop offers better theme/template options with simple plugins. Whereas Woocommerce offers a select amount of themes but a large about of plugins. I also find the support better with Prestashop than Woocommerce. As Woocommerce does not have direct user support to my knowledge.

Everyone has their thoughts, and plugins definitely slow down a site when used incorrectly, but if you do things right, you'll not have any issues. We moved exclusively to WordPress & WooCommerce design & development a few years ago. I've worked with dozens of carts over the years, but as a company we made the decision to only work in WordPress and WooCommerce, and never looked back.

We manage an online store for a client that runs a "flash sale" every month and generates hundreds of checkouts within 15 minutes - that's significant as these are single items available, it has to calculate shipping and perform checkouts all while others are scrambling to get their one of a kind item. That entire site is WordPress with WooCommerce, and a lot of customizations.

We managed a store that had more than 100,000 products with thousands of visitors and processing hundreds of orders each day - all on WooCommerce without issue.

We've created Vehicles Auction websites with dozens of people bidding and thousands of people viewing - want to see a load spike on a server, watch an auction in the last 2 minutes and then extend by 60 seconds every time a new bid comes in with tens of thousands of dollars at stake.

We currently manage a large online member community built with WordPress, WooCommerce, WooMembers & WooSubscriptions (along with lots of custom code that we've created), and they have hundreds of concurrent members at any given time submitting information, updating calendars, passing business referrals etc.

At the end of the day, it's all about what you know, and what you don't. Large sites on a shared hosting platform can work, provided that the shared hosting platform is optimized to handle such loads. And at the same time, I've seen people crash a Bluehost hosting account installing WordPress and a single plugin that doesn't use any caching.

Fast storage, either SSD o NMVe is a key. Then you need a fast webserver (NGINX for example) and WP-Cache or similar plugins.

My suggestion is an SSD virtual private server with 64 GB of RAM and 500+ GB of storage, as well as an SSL certificate setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam