What are your thoughts on paid forum posting?

CyberSasu

What are your thoughts on paying forums for web hosting posting?

As I have seen many internet forums are offering paid sticky posts, and bold posts including HD . Do you have any experience with this kind of marketing? If yes what ROI we, as hosting company owners can expect?

Thanks,

Investing in sticky or bold posts on forums can really help get your web hosting services noticed and attract the right visitors. Just keep in mind that the return on investment can differ quite a bit, depending on how engaged the forum's audience is and how relevant your content is to them. After running your campaign, it's important to look at the metrics to see how well it performed, so you can tweak your approach for even better results next time.

"Paid forum posting" associates with me with services that offer forum administrators posters (writers) that populate forum with content. What you are referring to, simply, is advertising. Whether it comes in the form of a sticky ad, a text link, a built-in text-based sponsorship position is a secondary matter. The only difference is that sticky ads naturally integrate into community and stand out in a more organic way to those people that visit, read and participate in forums.

We occasionally find positions that we see value in, but the objectives we set for them may differ. The exposure and awareness of our brand in certain markets is important to us, irrelevant of the ROI it brings. If you are dead set on increasing chances for a return, I don't imagine you can convert anything on a short-run sticky campaign, unless it is a very limited and an aggressively discounted promotion. In general, the more people know you over time, the more comfortable they will be to choose you. Then there is a question of financial ability to support a lengthy campaign like this. Not sure what WHT is charging these days, but I've seen sticky pricing there go for up to $1000/week in a Dedicated Offers section I believe. Compare that with any other forum and see if the value you get is at the same multiplier. Seeing a larger number of pinned advertising posts here on this forum may be an indicator of better value.

Back