Website packages vs Once off

PeterShene

I have a question and its about the market of people needing websites. Now that we are all competing with wix and the like because most poeple dont need the extra functionality that a developer can offer Ive though of looking into selling websites as a monthly package. Quick easy with hosting websites essentially doing what wix is doing but still giving people a "pro" behind it all.

THe once offs where good but I jut wonder at the lifetime value of doing that, its a ton of work sure but very often i find people atleast here dont want to pay unless they are bigger businesses.

I know this has been done before. Anybody have any experience in it any pointers ? Pitfalls ? like clients dropping off before you can make real money from the deals

Ive advertised it on adwords and it gets way more clicks obviously not conversions because i havent set it up yet still leads to my once off site haha

I have a question and its about the market of people needing websites. Now that we are all competing with wix and the like because most poeple dont need the extra functionality that a developer can offer Ive though of looking into selling websites as a monthly package. Quick easy with hosting websites essentially doing what wix is doing but still giving people a "pro" behind it all.

THe once offs where good but I jut wonder at the lifetime value of doing that, its a ton of work sure but very often i find people atleast here dont want to pay unless they are bigger businesses.

I know this has been done before. Anybody have any experience in it any pointers ? Pitfalls ? like clients dropping off before you can make real money from the deals

personally i have wix, yell created websites as they dont look professional and you are stuck with a massive banner telling visitors you are using a free website template, so if you cannot be bothered to spend a bit money on a professional website then why should i do business with you. it is like those that buy a domain, set up a website, but then use a gmail email address

I like the idea of a pro developer behind hosting. That is a very unique value proposition, hence it might be a thing. There has been a number of times where I needed small things to be done, but wasn't comfortable of doing it myself. Little site updates, installations, etc. can easily eliminate customer's headache.

The only downfall is the volume of work that will be required. Theoretically speaking, you could cut down the cost by hiring a full time outsourced developer and you'd only supervise the work.

personally i have wix, yell created websites as they dont look professional and you are stuck with a massive banner telling visitors you are using a free website template, so if you cannot be bothered to spend a bit money on a professional website then why should i do business with you. it is like those that buy a domain, set up a website, but then use a gmail email address

Im not talking about creating another wix. I mean provide the services of custom design and development but as a monthl package that takes care of security updates, hostingm code depreciation and all of that for a monthly feee.

Its essentially like having a in house web developer that just takes care of everything for you.

Packages will differ of course standard, maybe a 2nd tier with more space and features... a online store package .... a seo addon package you know people can kind of customise to their own needs. BUT have it seen to by somebody who is a developer and not a machine.

I never used Wix tbh so i can pass no judgement on it. I hear some hate it and some like it, if you have the creativity and know how to make a effective site on wix then by all means I would encourage it.

Arthashed yes the volume would be bad if I was looking to make it like wix hundreds of thousands of users... but as stated I still want to keep a bit of that one on one exclusivity with my clients I want "our company" ie me to be their "web company".

Im looking at +-20-30 sites that will be on these packages but I also still want to offer the once off option for people who want it. If I could get it beyond that number I would have to get some help.