webhostin.gs worth anything?

FRCorey

Thought it was clever at the time, but my wife suggested a better name after I registered it, so anyone got an idea if it's worth selling.

I think it would have been a lot more cool if it wasn't in multiple form "web hostings" but something like "webhosti.ng" if you are going that route... Not sure if it is worth more than reg value, as there is a reason the name was still available I guess.

lol kinda like

centostips.com .net .org were never registered I guess. At least until I noticed they were not used and snapped them up. Though I want to build a resource website around them for others to use. But still.

one letter is missing :) seems not that good but little damaged/missing something. and the TLD is not easy recognizable too.

Looks sellable, because it would be good for Webhosting Review site which is aimed at Webhostings.

Heh.. what is a webhostings

Do you mean like Web Hosting Postings?

WebHostings Postings! The place where you get all your hosting deals!

Lets get even goofier

You could possibly make a industry blog out of it... like

Webhostings of my life

Webhostings - the blog about web hosting things

Webhostings and other food for thought

Oh god why cant I stop editing this...

Last edited:
Domain hacks can be cool, but not really this one. Trying to make it plural just kills it. Reg. fee in my opinion!

I think you should try to use it and earn some traffic on it and then try to sell it. This can be a good idea instead just selling it immediately. As you have already paid for an year you can use it for an year experimenting on it.

Not more than a regfee I am afraid. Not a domainer myself but spend enough time in domain forums to have an idea of how it works and what people look for.

For starters, the plural form makes it grammatically weird, there is no such thing as "webhostings". People that try such domain hacks are often stuck with a domain and drop it come renewal.

Then comes the extension. The extension simply won't stick and many people will forget the domain almost instantly. Speaking of which, try the simple radio test. Can you easily say/explain the domain verbally, to a potential visitors - "Yeah, my website name is webhostin dot gs...no, no, not webhosting.gs...the dot is after the N, so it can form the word webhostings...". And still a lot of people will try webhostings.com lead by their habits.

Monetizing or selling unusual TLDs is hard enough but when you add a "clever" domain hack to it, makes the whole thing a hardcore task ;)