VPS Hosting Required (cheap and reliable)

Can someone describe their VPS hosting signup methodology. I'm opposed to fully automating the process. I'm too the point, we want to take orders, but worry about the spammers using resources before a follow verification check can be done. We feel our network, redundancy and planning are solid - it's the next "step" to get orders. Suggestions?

We're basing our offering in 4 plans using Xen on 5 hosts, mutipathed ISCSI (2) SANS.

Try to gather as many reviews about its web hosting services (both positive and negative) and serve these as basis in choosing web host providers.

I am a little confused. Your title states that you require VPS hosting, but the content of the message says that you are trying to investigate signup methodology to protect your company from potential abuse by spammers. Can you please clarify?

Can someone describe their VPS hosting signup methodology. I'm opposed to fully automating the process. I'm too the point, we want to take orders, but worry about the spammers using resources before a follow verification check can be done. We feel our network, redundancy and planning are solid - it's the next "step" to get orders. Suggestions?

We're basing our offering in 4 plans using Xen on 5 hosts, mutipathed ISCSI (2) SANS.

simple get WHMCS as your client/billing system and then when you create product just use the ' Do not automatically setup this product' option so that you can do checks on the buyer and also sign up to Maxmind and fraudrecord

Even verification cannot stop spammer. Most of the times spammers will ask for unmanaged VPS with many IPs, we regularly see such orders which we do not accept.

Even verification cannot stop spammer. Most of the times spammers will ask for unmanaged VPS with many IPs, we regularly see such orders which we do not accept.

I often get pre sales support tickets of live chats requests asking if i can provide servers with *** resources ( they quote exact spec for servers listed on our website), so if they were genuine then why not just click order. It is simple they are wanting you to manually place the order for them rather than them go through the website and go through all the verification which they know they would fail.

Last edited:
What we get more often than not are prospects looking for lots of IP addresses. They seem to think that purchased lists equate to opted in.

Well, best solution is WHMCS, this system perfect for client management and spam protection.

First of all, great job on getting all of these web hosting advertisement spammers' attention with the title :devil:

simple get WHMCS as your client/billing system.

WHMCS isn't the ultimate choice. There are other billing/content management systems that are just as good and cheaper - Biesta, BoxBilling just to name a few.

But essentially, yeah. These softwares are the easiest methods to solve your issue. The other way would be to develop it on your own :)

We never accept an order automatically. We need to protect our other customers and this way our staff can take time knowing a little bit more about the client needs and intentions ;-)

regardless of what billing system you choose, set it up as not fully automated. so take the order and stop it before processing it.

then follow up with a phone call, email, ask for a drivers license, photo ID

spammers will still send all this stuff (FRAUD of course)

follow up again and ask for a number and call it, do all the homework, investigation research, etc to ban and block the spammers.

WHMCS has tools to block fraud/spam orders, but so do other tools.

We have fraudrecord in place in our billing systems, and we will report any spammers - its a great tool

You title shows you looking for vps hosting, but content shows that you are looking for best hosting sites signup portal.

WHMCS is best option for startups to use and get customers online register and place orders. It is paid, and you can check for free based software which will serve your purpose.

You can try demo and keep it updated to protect from vulnerabilities.

Or else do get the reseller server where you will get every software and easy to manage your hosting clients.

What are the provider’s requirements to cancel a hosting contract? What is their required period of notice?

All requests for account cancellation must be submitted in writing. It will be necessary for the customer to provide the real reason for canceling the account. Every good web hosting company has a customer care team and they will attempt to respond to the customer's needs in a positive way in order to meet the requirements and needs of the customer in order to correct any issues and satisfy the customer.

Every good web hosting company has a customer care team

So what you are saying is if you don't have a customer care team then you are not a good host.

You need to do research and you will find out a lot of hosts are small companies and a lot are 1 man bands who offer good customer service

For different package is different, according to what kind of website you want to build, the higher price is not always better, suitable is best.