VPN services

vpsdom

Hello, what VPN service do you use?
Which VPN do you think is better personal or purchased?
If you use a VPN, what is its speed?

I kind of ran with the first one I came across, which is Private Internet Access. I've been using it on occasion for the last few years and I have no complaints.
It's user friendly and the speed has been fine, although I don't do anything mission critical with it. It's just there if I need it.

I use a VPN service solely for testing things from different locations in the case of DNS issues, etc.

ProtonVPN - just the free tier, it is reasonably fast and does everything I need it to.

Do you think a paid VPN is better than a free one?
Well, or best of all, your own.
When it comes to VPNs, there are two major kinds to choose from free and premium. Many individuals feel that paying for a VPN is always preferable to using a free one. This, however, is not always the case. There are several great free VPNs available, and they may be as good as – if not better than – their expensive versions.
One of the primary advantages of utilizing a premium VPN is that you can be certain of receiving excellent customer service. If you have any issues with your service, you may get in touch with the provider's customer care staff for assistance. You might not receive as good customer care if you use a free VPN.
Another benefit of paying for a VPN is that you can be certain of receiving high-quality security features. For example, paid VPNs often offer more robust security mechanisms and encryption than free VPNs.

Do you think a paid VPN is better than a free one?

It depends on what you are using it for.

I only use it for testing so the most common server locations and any issues with things like streaming services don't bother me, but if you want access to more unusual VPS locations or plan on using it to stream something like iPlayer or Netflix to get around the content restrictions then you will probably be better off with a paid service.