Value Added Resellers

Nick H

Account Disabled
This goes out to resellers: What types of things do you look for as "value added" benefits for your account? What types of things could a host offer with a reseller plan that would make you choose them over another host...

What about if a host offered support for resellers customers...Ive thought about doing this but never made any final decisions. Wanted to see what others thought.

Duport said:
To much work, high demand for CS when a reseller brings along 100 clients
What about offering it for a small fee...Not as costly as outsourced companies, but some kind of fee. Think that might work?

Honestly, end-user support is a nifty little feature if you can deliver it. If you follow the 80/20 rule, you'll notice that most of the time, there's not that much overload from the end-user support service so it actually works out.

Roj

I would agree with niyogi, end user support is good and mostly works out for reseller customers. Take into consideration that most providers have a resource limit, and any reseller is not going to have major customer base with a resource limit. With that being said, if the demand can be met then it is a great thing to provide.

hebergeo said:
My major is : SSH. SSH turns me on :idea: "Come on baby light my fire :shy:"
While I am sure you enjoy shh, if you think about it you probably do not want to be with a provider that freely hands out ssh access. Even jailshel can be broken out of. We do offer free billing/account setup software and our resellers seem to like it alot. We have also been considering adding RV SiteBuilder, and this might help them get more clients as they could offer it.

WPT-Nick said:
What about offering it for a small fee...Not as costly as outsourced companies, but some kind of fee. Think that might work?
That would be a great idea - if you can get enough customers to sign up for the service. I have had many "new" resellers expect me to support their customers as part of the normal service. Some are really suprized when I inform them that they are expected to support their own customers.

If you could make this work, it would be a great reseller niche that would probably get you a lot of customers - especially those just starting out who can't afford to pay for 24 hour support.

Hope it works. good luck.

i guess every reseller wants is probably a billing system incorporated into it but for SSH I dont anyone would wanna give unless there's a good reason to.
thanks

I personally think a billing application and helpdesk would be nice additions, as it helps get them started in the right direction, and saves them a lot of time in hunting for solutions.

I like the way biggest-hosting.com does it:
they provide clients with clientexec billing system for free and free iPod after 2 months of service with them. Free templates to build your site also sound good for me.

To be honest, an iPod can't be considered a value added product or service so to speak, but more of a "gift".

True value added services or products add to the value and usefulness of the primary product or service your purchasing.

Templates are indeed a good value added product.

I studied a few more offers looking for a good reseller's plan trying to concentrate on these additional features.
************ provides Modernbill, unlimited domains and subdomains, which isn't bad.

ANMMark said:
To be honest, an iPod can't be considered a value added product or service so to speak, but more of a "gift".

True value added services or products add to the value and usefulness of the primary product or service your purchasing.

Templates are indeed a good value added product.
Thanks for your reply, do you mean ipod is free?

In a sense, this is what they are saying. By keeping your account with them, you are actually paying for the iPod over time.

However, when they give you an iPod for keeping your account with them, essentially yes...it's a "free" gift.

I know not everyone can do it, and there arent many who do, but we offer end user support, RVSiteBuilder, free help desk, free billing system, and other free software that would be usefull to any reseller. Of course it costs a bit more then your regular reseller, but you get a ton of extras so it evens out. Our clients seem to love this. The ones that are serious about their hosting business always choose our Pro Reseller plans. The ones that just want to have a free web hosting business go for the low end reseller we have though.

Valued added features are great. Notice how "value added" slipped in the mix. You will see alot of providers offering these features in their plans for a "small" fee. I would much rather have it bundled. The "do you want fries with that" doesn't really work that much these days. However, good features like Billing Software, End-User Support, SiteBuilders, Marketing Tools, etc would be lovely, but hosts can't add these to the lower value plans and should really be spread across the board.