.US TLD. What do you think?

thewitt

So what do you think of the .US TLD?

We seem to be getting a high level of pre-registration requests for this one - higher than we expected at any rate - both for trademark holders and regular domains.

Are you planning on purchasing a .US domain in the future?

-t

Why do you say it's useless?

Do you also believe that .ca useless?

-t

ps Expect to see pricing similar to .com.

I could see the .us domain having some value. I think it would be better than .tv, because it wouldn't be "as" focused. It would be acceptable for anyone who has a website based in the US...

Just my .02

Eric

thewitt said:
Are you planning on purchasing a .US domain in the future?

Surely not! What's that all about? I mean, domains like .mail or .mp3... THOSE I like :D
But .us is just a country top level DN. :rolleyes:
That's like .fr or .be Nothing special. I don't think they're worth that much either.

Just my 0.02

still don't think no matter what they come up with, it will take the power of the .com.

Kinda like the 800 number......

The .us domain extension is nice, I guess.
I wouldn't buy one though.

It's only use I can see if for things in the US, like .fr is for France or .be of for Belgium - like DefCon said. ;)

But I kind of think it is useless. There are so many domain extensions, true a lot of people may pre-register now, but what about a few years down the line?

The .us domain is nothing special, it's like the .ca, .fr, .es, .co.uk, .be, .de and all those others - it's simple a country domain exntension which would most likely only get used if it were something directed only at that.

A lot of Canadian hosts have .ca domains if they only offer their services to Canada, the same will happen with the .us domain though. ;)