Unmetered hosts

GordyMac

Do you know of any hosts / datacenters that have connections of unmetered 5mbps or greater bandwidth connections, and allow IRC access.

Please do not mention FDC, we have a server there.

Hello Gordy

I have a couple of servers colocated in BC and we have a 100mbps unmetered connection and allow IRC :).

How can I help you :)

First off this is in the wrong forum Should be in the market place. [John Diver thinks not, but I do just to give Gordy a hard time]

But to answer your question. A private 5mbps connection to your server might be kinda pricy depending on the bandwidth providers.

I would expect to pay anywhere between $35 (cogent, yipes bw) to $250 (uunet, level3 bw) per megabit.

Last time I was shopping around for something like that I was looking for 1/4 rack and a 8mbit connection. I was looking at about $680 per month.

Now if you were looking for a shared connection burstable to 5mbps.... you are just dumb :) most places are at least 10mbit - 100mbit burstable

:)

Think its the right forum, if im not mistaken I think Gordy is asking for some help if anyone knows a datacentre/host which offers it instead of offers from anyone :)

If you do want offers Gordy please say and I can move but i think you are just looking for information to research at the minute anyway.

Thanks though Jonathan :)