.tv's - what happened?

nodehost

What happened to the latest and greatest called the .tv domain? I had one client with one of these a while back, but then it dissapeared and he went with a .com.

Why did this domain never take off? Let me know your thoughts.

Ehm well for one they are more expensive... Second ... TV... Television...? I dunno... Well I know it wouldn't be MY favorite....

We still sell a fair number of them. They will never be as popular as .com domains, but they are moving OK.

The premium names are not selling as well as the registry had hoped.

They sold out to Verisign you know...

-t

I personally do not like the .tv ltd either.

I mean, .tv - where does that come into your life??
.... other than television. :D

I would have never bought a .tv extension, I mean they are soo expensive! Some places are selling them for over $50 a year, while others are going no lower than $35 a year - why should I buy a .tv when a .com will only cost me $10 a year but I could even get it for less?

I wouldn't mind owning a .CC because, well I just like them. :p
But I'd never touch a .TV and they still don't seem to have taken off too well, I don't know one webiste out on the Internet which uses a .TV extension! :eek:

we have agcc.tv for brand protection, but dont seem to have any intrest for them from our customer base.

the reason why .tv never took off (as most of the people in this thread have correctly stated) is that Verisign priced them way too high.

IMO - the best "smaller" extension about is prob .ws as many of the good names are still around, its cheap and I see good things for it in the future.

Re: cc -
Wish I could have had ag.cc but they have a 3 character minimum :(
so I had to settle for agcc.cc which sucks.

Hello,
Not millions of people would use .tv. So they had to change it because of the price also.
Thanks