They come and go...

HostMantis

After browsing deleted/expired domain names, it is quite shocking the high amount of domains found for defunct, out-of-business hosting companies.

One day of expired/deleted domains yielded over 500 results!

A lot of hosting startups occur everyday, but it appears that so do a lot of failures. :(

Where have you found those? Unfortunately Webhosting is not that easy business as people often think, it's hard work and needs some time before money comes in. Then there is a hard competition.

There's always new hosts, often started by younger people on small reseller accounts, sometimes as a test, often believing it's easy to make money.

Of course, once school is back on and support requests start flying, they panic and quit.

There's always new hosts, often started by younger people on small reseller accounts, sometimes as a test, often believing it's easy to make money.

Of course, once school is back on and support requests start flying, they panic and quit.

I think this is the most accurate. :D

I see here in Europe, many students are opening up Hosting Projects...
@Plexihost, thanks for the link

Dang! That's a lot. To be honest, I've had a lot of failed hosting companies but the one I'm working on now should be safe. :D