The WINDOWS magazine advertising Firefox?

Equinox

I couldn't believe my eyes! Me (a dedicated BSD fan from top to bottom) wondering around a bookshop in the airport, before my 10 hours trip up to the UK, picked up our local South Africa WINDOWS mag and what do I see down its spine: "Mozilla Firefox kicks IE's butt"

Well excuse me!
Theres a shock. IE7 is set to come out in its beta release mid-way through this year and there they are advertising its sole advisory. ouch, I never thought I'd see such a mistake :p

Anyway, YAY for Firefox :dance: :dance:
~Equinox

ldcdc said:
One is good, the other is evil. :devil:

Actually it's that one is made by good people, the other made by a devilish, evil, world destroying corporation, controlled by the even more evil BG. At least that's what I've been told.
:shh:

Firefox is developed by a group of members and is fully Open-Source. Although Internet Explorer is free (as such) it doesn't fall into Open-Source as its source code is not distributed and it is develpped entirely by Microsoft.
As such, Firefox posseses many powerful features that IE is still lacking such as Tabbed-browsing, pop-up blocks (which were implemented long before MS ever concieved the idea) & much more. Firefox is also seen to be a 'safer' and more 'secure' browser as it is in fact the hackers themselves which are probably develping the thing.

As a whole, people usually have their own preference and web designers will usually design for Internet Explorer and do their post-testing on Firefox and Netscape.

Hope that helps,
~Equinox

Firefox runs on Windows doesn't it? What's so wrong about them publishing something about IE? iTunes runs on Windows - I'm sure they've mentioned that software before in the magazine.

I personally have used both and like IE better. It's simple and fast, what more do you want? Should a company NOT be able to bundle it's own software together? If I made a printer shouldn't I be able to bundle printer software of my choosing? If I made a computer with Internet capabilities shouldn't I bundle an Internet browser with it? It is the user's choice whether they want to use IE or not, don't call MS evil because people are unable to download and install a browser of their own choosing. And don't tell me that, "Well they don't realize they can because IE is already installed." Well if said user is too dumb to realize they can install software on their PC other than what came with it, what makes you think they'd be smart enough to install ANY software to begin with?

/rant.

hehe, some very good points there, but like I said, its purely personal preference I believe. I was just a little shocked!