The truth about webhosting

I agree with some of those FACTS from that article. It sounds like you are an experienced customer and that it has happened to you in the past, however not all companies are like what that article says. Some companies like to offer a small fee to get more customers. I know what you are trying to say, however yet again not every company is like this.

Not being familiar with all the guidelines of HostingDiscussion.com, is starting a thread and providing a link to an article on one's Web site allowed?

The thread starter is stating the obvious and the article could be titled, "The Truth about Buying Anything". Doesn't matter if it's on the Internet or not. There will always be people that shop for the lowest price and they get burned repeatedly -- some people just don't learn. ;)

I also wonder, why the thread starter didn't include some other, obvious, truths about Web Hosting? There is no such thing as "unlimited" anything for Web Hosting, yet the thread starter advertises "unlimited MySQL databases and subdomains" at their Web site. What's going to happen when someone wants a few thousand or ten thousand, of each? You can bet there will be some back-pedaling going on, trying to explain, why they cannot offer what they advertised. Which was a gimmick anyway to get people to sign up.

Wait a minute, that sounds like the low-ball pricing gimmick that other people use and their article was about. Sounds like a bait 'n switch scam to me.

Well, I thought the article was fine. It didn't cover 100% of the bases, but was focused on the under priced hosts that could not afford to grow if they had to.

Tim L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8