The Hosting Industry - Survey for Hosting Providers

VimlyHost

Hello everyone,

I’m doing a short survey of Hosting Providers, so I can get some insight into the Hosting industry. Your participation as a web host is appreciated, the survey can be found below:

https://surveyhero.com/c/96dc948a

It should take no more than 5 to 10 minutes to complete.

I look forward to reading your responses and getting more insight into the industry from an array of small, medium and larger sized Hosting providers.

Thanks,
Kieran.

Hello everyone,

I’m doing a survey of Hosting Providers. My questions are as follows:

1) How did you get into the industry / why are you in the industry?

2) How long have you being in the industry?

3) How long have you being running your current company?

4) How Large is your current company (Rough client base)?

5) How Large was your past companies (Delete if N/A)?

6) Where are your servers historically and currently located?

7) Who provides your servers? Leased or Owned.

8) Where are the majority of your clients from?

9) What is your most popular Hosting related service?

10) What are your plans for the future of your company?

11) Do you have any advice for new hosting providers?

12) Do you have any additional comments, about the industry, this survey, or anything else which is relevant?

Feel free to quote/copy and paste the questions, preferably response on the line below the question, to make the post look neater.

I look forward to reading your responses and getting more insight into the industry from an array of small, medium and larger sized Hosting providers.

Thanks,
Kieran.
you would be better making the survey through https://www.surveymonkey.com/ and then you just provide link, as this will collate the replies etc.

These are my answers

1) How did you get into the industry / why are you in the industry?
I started by having my own websites on several shared plans, so placed them all in a reseller account and then was asked by other market traders to host their sites. I enjoy the challenges,
which vary from day to day

2) How long have you being in the industry?
I started hosting on 12th December 1999

3) How long have you being running your current company?
I currently run 3 businesses - web hosting since 1999,
market retailer of toys since 1990, business secretarial service since 1984

4) How Large is your current company (Rough client base)?

5) How Large was your past companies (Delete if N/A)?

6) Where are your servers historically and currently located?
My client servers are all in the USA, have tried UK servers but they always have issues

7) Who provides your servers? Leased or Owned.
I lease them

8) Where are the majority of your clients from?
majority of clients are in the UK

9) What is your most popular Hosting related service?
Medium Reseller plans

10) What are your plans for the future of your company?
To continue as i am at the moment as its enough for me as a 1 man band.

11) Do you have any advice for new hosting providers?
Plenty of market research into niche markets and finding the correct provider

12) Do you have any additional comments, about the industry, this survey, or anything else which is relevant?

Hello everyone,

I’m doing a short survey of Hosting Providers, so I can get some insight into the Hosting industry. Your participation as a web host is appreciated, the survey can be found below:

https://surveyhero.com/c/96dc948a

It should take no more than 5 to 10 minutes to complete.

Thanks,
Kieran.

Threads merged.

Please keep all related posts within the same discussion thread. Thank you.

Threads merged.

Please keep all related posts within the same discussion thread. Thank you.

I would not have needed to make a new post, if you read my ‘Mod Notice’. And you still appear to not have read it, I would appreciate you did, or I will get agsin need to repost, as readers are struggling to find the right info in the thread.

@Kieran, actually not only did I not see the mod notice, but your threat was producing some kind of error, it was not possible to display. Gotta be some kind of cross-bug between vBulletin and vBSEO plugin (both of which will soon be eliminated).

Please submit a support ticket here and tell me what you'd like to do, so that I can help.

I would not have needed to make a new post, if you read my ‘Mod Notice’. And you still appear to not have read it, I would appreciate you did, or I will get agsin need to repost, as readers are struggling to find the right info in the thread.

best way to ask admins/mods to change anything is to use the report button on the post you want changed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys