Support System: WHMCS , what is it missing (to you)

whmcsguru

I recently ran across a thread at that other place (hah) where individuals were still choosing Kayako, or other external systems over WHMCS, when it came to support, and I'm just curious. If you're not using WHMCS for support services, but ARE using WHMCS for other things, what is stopping you from using it?

Personally? I'm using it, and am implementing more things into an addon to benefit from it.. Things such as:
  1. Encrypted ticket fields (completed)
  2. Support Notifications via other methods (addon in sig)
  3. Auto watch tickets (completed)
  4. Auto assign on reply (completed)
  5. Ban user from support entirely (bad users happen) - under construction
  6. User reporting of ticket (bad responses from admins happen) - under construction
  7. User escalation of ticket - under construction
  8. User reassign ticket - under construction

I'm curious myself though, what is stopping you from using WHMCS as a support desk directly?

Not trying to promote my own stuff here, by any means, just trying to get feedback. How can the WHMCS support system be made better?

Yes i use the WHMCS support system as i don't see the point in paying for another support system when you already have 1 built in that does the job.
I also have the iOS app, so i can get tickets while on the move.

Currently WHMCS complete my all requirements, I do not use any external plugin which is not made by WHMCS.

Do not use Kayako, Use inbuilt ticket system.

I would still prefer using WHMCS for support system and managing my customers. It is more reliable and easy to use compared to other support and billing systems.

- I'd love to see some facebook and twitter integrations to be able to reply to posts/pm's etc directly from whmcs.

- A better process for multiple staff and tickets at the same time (perharps a (staff.username is viewing this ticket) on the support tickets list page not just inside the ticket.

hmm, facebook integration. Might be difficult, but interesting to see

Not so sure I'd want to clutter up the tickets screen, but maybe deny access if an admin is actively typing in the ticket? Hmm, interesting

Posting requests @ WHMCS' site directly doesn't really amount to anything. It's a pretty cop out answer, to be honest.

why post a support ticket reply to facebook or twitter as the support ticket is between you and the client and not to be published across social media.

I use WHMCS and Blesta support system and the fill me and my customers need. Main thing i hate to use A help desk is customer need to sign up WHMCs to order then HelpDesk to get support.

why post a support ticket reply to facebook or twitter as the support ticket is between you and the client and not to be published across social media.
Contrary to popular belief not every ticket needs to divulge in privvy information.

And being able to link your social media to your business ticket system would allow you to ensure you *see and potentially respond* to every DM or Post/Comment even if they means asking them to get in touch directly with you.

Contrary to popular belief not every ticket needs to divulge in privvy information.

And being able to link your social media to your business ticket system would allow you to ensure you *see and potentially respond* to every DM or Post/Comment even if they means asking them to get in touch directly with you.

But the fact is that you open a support ticket to ask for support on an issue between you and your host.
This should not be made public knowledge on social media.

I agree that support issues cannot be discussed in public. However, your customers frankly don't care. In today's day and age, they go on social media and they do ask questions there, if it is easier. An ability to integrate with popular social media channels should be an essential component of sales/support departments. Think Hootsuite-like capabilities within a support platform like WHMCS. It will likely save some companies who use software like Hootsuite time and money.

For me I would like to see an audio notifications option when a new ticket or a reply is made - even better would be an option for a different audio tone for each (a reply/new ticket).

For me I would like to see an audio notifications option when a new ticket or a reply is made - even better would be an option for a different audio tone for each (a reply/new ticket).

Yeah that would be good for day to day reducing response times.

Things have moved on. People are contacting you on Twitter and FaceBook.

Put it this way, you have 50 support staff. You'd have to give each one access to the Hootsuite or direct social channels. Instead, you can just integrate Facebook + Twitter and any mentions will pipe in as tickets.

If someone posts on your Wall, the agent can easily reply from the single help desk asking for a ticket ID etc to make this a private chat.

If someone sends a private message, then the chat remains private and between a single application for the agent (the help desk).

Win-win IMO.

Put it this way, you have 50 support staff. You'd have to give each one access to the Hootsuite or direct social channels. Instead, you can just integrate Facebook + Twitter and any mentions will pipe in as tickets.

so what did hosts do before social media.

your SUPPORT ticket system is for support requests as the name suggests, if a client contacts you on social media then how would you link that to their hosting account.

so what did hosts do before social media.
That was then. Now is now.

your SUPPORT ticket system is for support requests as the name suggests, if a client contacts you on social media then how would you link that to their hosting account.

Sometimes you don't need to link accounts together. Sometimes people just tweet about you or make a post on Facebook. Still, having the ability to address any issue, even if it comes down to advising them to submit a ticket so you can look into it, is better than nothing.

Any advance help will still likely require a support ticket, unless some form of validation process takes place. If WHMCS gets serious by getting social, they can build in support for clients' social accounts, so that you know who the client is if they contact from connected accounts.

Big item missing from WHMCS, and been on the request list since 2007 (and probably longer)

Ability for Sub-Accounts to be linked to multiple billing accounts.

Case in point;
I'm an SEO guy. I have to make edits on multiple users websites. Sometimes there's an issue and I need to contact the host.

Well if I already have an account at the host, I can't add my email address again for another SUB account on a CLIENT's billing account.

The only option left (and the one currently used) is that we must log in as the client into their hosting company's billing/support system.

Would be so much better if we can use our own login to enter tickets on behalf of clients rather than having to log in as a client etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys