Storm Protection

AbbieRose

We all, I'm sure, take some precautions to protect our computers from electrical storms. How do server centres do it? I mean that's a LOT of equipment to prevent being fried!!!

Data Centers use power management tools and grounding systems to provide the reliability, integrity and functionality intrinsically required of them. Pieces of that solution are the racks themselves, elevated floors, cable trays, suppression devices and special bonding and grounding considerations. :D

Data Centers use a lot of tools to keep all the servers in there builder safe.

Go on youtube search up, Data Center Tour and you'll see how it looks, and what protects that DCs servers.

I've been in a data centre actually in DC but the trouble was that as soon as they mentioned hallon fire suppression and suffocation I kind of tuned out. I was too busy looking for and memorising where the exits were and the best route to them that I didn't really get much else.

I've been in a data centre actually in DC but the trouble was that as soon as they mentioned hallon fire suppression and suffocation I kind of tuned out. I was too busy looking for and memorising where the exits were and the best route to them that I didn't really get much else.

haha, I can understand you! Though there must be some sort of alarm/timer prior to the suppression of the fire.

All that could work and it would be good if you speak more of grounding systems but what I would think that go first all of that would be some sort of bank or any type of insurance

All that could work and it would be good if you speak more of grounding systems but what I would think that go first all of that would be some sort of bank or any type of insurance
I'm not understanding your comment. Are you saying the data center should be insured? If so, rest assured they are. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft