Stay away from matrixreseller.com / vortechhosting

albaby

Warning: stay away from matrixreseller.com / vortechhosting

matrixreseller.com / vortechhosting.com= Bad (goes under the name "vortech" at hosting review websites)
LiquidWeb.com / Site5.com= Great

By far, the worst experience in reseller hosting I've ever had. I am SO GLAD to be back with LiquidWeb again. I left Liquidweb for Vortech/Matrix, what a huge mistake that was.

I've also signed up with Site 5 as a backup to LQ, and they are proving as good as LiquidWeb has always been.

What was the bad experience? Someone hacked into a cpanel reseller server I and tons of other resellers were on. Thats OK, it happens right? A week into it, hundreds of reseller websites were experiencing down times in the hours per week amount. Lost e-mail galore. It was their... "not our fault" response to it that showed there true colors.

They blamed it on www.cpanel.net. Took no responsibility for it. A week or two into this fiasco, they offer all resellers on this cpanel server a "reduced cost" move to Hsphere. And can you belive they wanted us to PAY THEM NOW to do this? Then we could apply for our credits..... Sheeeez!

They never got the problem fixed and all my websites were down in the 5-10 hour range (and more) at this point. I began a tread at cpanel.net (http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=37076) trying to get to lowdown on why Vortech/Matrix was blaming cPanel. The cpanel community (not just cpanel employees) countered everything vortech was claiming. Furthermore someone in those treads found out that Matrixreseller.com was running an outdated unsupported red hat OS, and an old old version of Cpanel. (see threads)

All the while they didn't or wouldn't or could not fix all the downtime. At some point there response to my continued emails was "MOVE TO HSPERE". They gave up trying to fix the issue, all together.

To make matters worse, when I applied for my 99% downtime credit, they actually wanted proof of it. Hundreds of resellers were complaining the last 6 weeks I was there. I sent in emails from uptime services I use showing some acct's down for 10+ hours, they claimed that wasn't good proof.

They also made DISAPPEAR the entire forum posts on the subject of this hacked cpanel server, because it apparently made them look so bad. When I last saw it, it was 8 pages long. One unhappy customer after another. All posts have disappeared.

You know what? If they had simply gave all of us a freeride to Hsphere the first month, I wouldn't be writing this. What an insult to make us pay. Furthermore, their highly unethical response to downtime of making us PROVE our downtime. All for $34 bucks? Can you believe that? They could of credited EVERYONE on the affected server a free two months on the new server and I would of been happy.

Stay away from matrixreseller.com / vortechhosting.com. It doesn't matter how good others have had it there, if this is the way they handle a crisis that SHOULD of cost them at least a refund or credit to everyone affected on this hacked server.

Al Guevara
al@tucson-webdesign.com

Al, I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with your previous web hosting provider. Hopefully, your experience with your new hosts will continue to be better. Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on HostingDiscussion.

And can you belive they wanted us to PAY THEM NOW to do this? Then we could apply for our credits..... Sheeeez!

when I applied for my 99% downtime credit, they actually wanted proof of it.

This is not acceptable. As webfreak08 said thank you for this detailed review. They will have many questions to answer about this post.

Good luck!