Squeeze Page Strategies - Do They Still Work?

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
Your thoughts?

As you search the Internet for squeeze page strategies, remember that Google algorithms are revised constantly, and many once successful one page squeeze pages (from time to time) fell by the wayside.

Do squeeze pages still work? And if so, what strategies work best?

When you mention "squeeze page" is that the same as "doorway page"?

If so, is the squeeze page only being used in a particular marketing campaign (flyer, AdWords, Social posting, Social Ads), or are you looking for it in a regular organic listing?

If it's for regular organic, then it's no longer effective over regular pages - but if it's used as a stepping stone within content, or as it's own individual sales page (somewhat like a Long Form Sales Page with testimonials etc), then depending on the market, it does work.

When you mention "squeeze page" is that the same as "doorway page"?

If so, is the squeeze page only being used in a particular marketing campaign (flyer, AdWords, Social posting, Social Ads), or are you looking for it in a regular organic listing?

If it's for regular organic, then it's no longer effective over regular pages - but if it's used as a stepping stone within content, or as it's own individual sales page (somewhat like a Long Form Sales Page with testimonials etc), then depending on the market, it does work.

I think what you call a doorway page is what I call a splash page. Potato -potatoe (Dan Quail and the student were actually both correct). I was referring more to long sales pages. :D

:) Lots of names have changed over the years haven't they? :)

Long Form sales pages still work, in the right context and the right demographic.

They work really well for selling modules or classes etc, but are horrible for most e-commerce type sites.

I couldn't see anyone in the hosting industry using a long form content to sell a server, but I could see it if they're selling a white glove service when it comes to server setup and configuration and management.

I've seen Infusionsoft using long form and that's worked out well - and even Google Drive does a decent job of making people scroll - but they use images and not content.

Most long form that I've seen has always been a wall of content.

Neil Patel does crazy long form content for his marketing services, but I'd not necessarily use that as a guide to standard :)

Unbounce, known for keeping users during a sales process - even their long form has all been removed and replaced with large text and images.

The only long form that I see these days are blog posts, review type websites and that nature.

Anyone got any examples of a well known company using long form sales pages?