SPF Records for shared hosting

PeterShene

Hi there all as the title suggests we are looking for some pointers on SPF record setups. I have had a good read-through online but im still not seeing any resolution to the issue that we are experiencing.

We are getting soft fails from the reseller domains we used ~all in the record due to IP addresses being correct. Now, this would be an easy fix in an SPF record but when we look at the headers on mails from the mail server that sends our client emails their ips vary widely, apparently, they use rotating IPs for the mail server.

We do have the mail server in an include: but still, this isn't working. I've spoken to guys with a bit more technical knowledge than I do (I don't have much on this) and they are telling me that it's Google causing the issue. Thye initially told me to not include an IP and then changed that to make the use of an ip6 instead, none of which worked.

So what we currently have is: v=spf1 +a +mx ip4:123.456.789.10 include:_spf.server-mx.com ~all ( bold items are for demonstration purposes).

I realize that there may be more context needed to give me a proper answer. Perhaps a reseller can share with me the shape or form of other SPF records or if they also encountered the same issue and found a workaround.

Would greatly appreciate any tips on this.