Server Questions

Forum4Hosts-Jo

I was wondering what you guys think is the best place to get a server.

Rackshack do their cheap servers with lots of bandwidth but they offer plesk and ensim and i prefer cpanel.
rackspace etc only seem to offer 30gb monthly bandwidth.

Do any of you know where to get a decent server with cpanel and a decent amount of bandwidth?

eServers dot biz. They're an affilate of DV2 and therefore a partner of Tranxact Global, but the support is better.

I'm gonna get a server with them as our clientele increases. In the mean while, they're stocking up on their Project Mercury servers. These Project Merc servers come with a very decent amount of bandwidth, 500 gigs to be exact. I dunno if it's Cogent or otherwise. And you have an option for CPanel! I figure about $200 bucks for the Duron server w/ CPanel. Well worth IMHO because I really like their network.

(No thumbs up emoticon?) :D Emm, that'll do.

I totally agree with what Kevin said! (Well said, Kevin. :lol: )

SmartWeb LLC is also good, but considerably more expensive.

well i am in the UK but i have resellers on UK servers and US servers and they are both as god as each other, so im not too bothered which.

You get what you pay for, so I recommend spending a little more cash and getting a good quality machine from somone like Pwebtech. You know they are going to be there when you wake up tomorrow - thus meaning you get a far better night's sleep 8)

You get what you pay for, so I recommend spending a little more cash and getting a good quality machine from somone like Pwebtech. You know they are going to be there when you wake up tomorrow - thus meaning you get a far better night's sleep  8)

Couldn't agree more !! :eek:

If you're looking at the budget end of the market, <a href='http://www.fastservers.net' target='_blank'>http://www.fastservers.net</a> seem to be the most impressive to me.

Matt

fastserversuk.net are pretty good too- oh wait thats mine *oops* :lol:
(nothing to do with the company named above).

In the end you do get what you pay for - the trick is not to end up with a package that seems good value - but then find that you don't really need have the stuff.

We have been surprised how many people have gone for a really lowend server (£35/month) and been very happy - too many people are chasing the latest, fastest best system - when all they are doing is serving a few web pages.

Naturally some people need (and get) dual CPU systems, with RAID storage, mirrrored servers etc - but not for a small hobby-server :)