Seeking web development

webling

I'm currently seeking a web development position. I can provide my linkedin profile upon request which shows sites I've developed. I can write html. I can do css and java script but am not real fast on it. I'm fast on a keyboard, when I was in high school I took 3 years of typing and did 100wpm. I doubt I'm that fast now and am probably closer to 70wpm.

I don't expect top wages because I realize I don't develop graphics the same way most companies do. I develop my graphics however I can, using ms paint, banner maker pro and things like that. I would be willing to work for what an employer thinks I am worth as long as it's reasonable.

I have sites developed in html, Joomla, and Wordpress. I am able to do modifications in wordpress and joomla. Even though I don't write PHP I have done some modifications in it. I also work with MySQL database. Am able to move a data base and understand the structure of it.

I am not as efficient as someone doing this work full time, but my mind is sharp and I can catch onto things quickly as I do them daily. I am willing to learn new ways to suite your demands and give an employer what they are seeking.

I have had some training through NRI back in 1995 for programing in windows and I learned many computer basics such as pc architecture, Networking, IRC and hardware installation. I didn't actually complete the course because I realized that I wanted to be a web developer rather than a programer in windows and started my first domain in November of 1996.

I have changed my own hard drives both on windows and linux machines and installed the OS on a new HD. I have also networked windows and linux machines on my own intranet and ran them on a dedicated wire with a static IP to run my own sites on.

I have worked freelance both as an intern and paid position for a short time for Chatspace which is now Akiva back around the beginning of 2000. I provided consulting services to their clientel which consisted mainly of other server admins.

I am familiar with root access on linux since I have had my own servers for about 12 years now. It was a hobby up until now and I have decided to pursue computer work as a career.

I would be willing to work an internship on a part time basis to see if it will work out both for you and for me.

If you need more information I will be happy to provide what I can.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys