Seeking job: Sys admin, programmer, support 17+ years experience

Tim Greer

My resume is simply too long to post here, so I'm providing an outline of what I do, and will provide my resume, work history and specifics on request. I am located in Redding, California. However, I am available for local work as well as telecommute (I've worked long term contracts remotely for companies located in California, Alaska, Texas, Florida, Canada, London and more, many of which were multi-year contracts, and have many references and am known in this industry in many circles).

I am seeking a full time position as a systems administrator, and/or programming, and/or support, and/or security, and/or management/supervisor, etc. I can fit well into many roles. I have acted in every role from support and project lead, Sr. systems administrator, abuse lead and acted as CTO and COO at various companies, to HR & PR positions to management, to just about any aspect of this industry over the time I've worked with well known web hosting companies over the last 17 years. I have primarily been the senior systems admin for most companies I've been with, but can happily fit into whatever position needed.

I am most familiar with Linux systems (CentOS, Fedora, RHEL, RH, etc.) and while I have a great deal of experience working on systems without any control panels, I have also worked primarily on WHM/Cpanel based servers for the companies that used a control panel, including creating custom modules and front ends for Cpanel (or outside of cPanel) to work with different services/scripts, as well as for clustered solutions with a client and server interface to automate these tasks. I've created/coded most of these type of solutions I've mentioned, as well as creating UI's, client & server services, clusters, etc. which worked individually or within an existing control panel API (or within a control panel I've created myself). I've also created various cluster systems over the years to work over normal web pages, via cPanel front end for clients, or from a central admin server (or client server), which all had manual or automated backends, depending on the function.

For example, I've created custom backup/restore solutions for Cpanel based servers for shared, reseller, semi-dedicated, VPS/VDS, and dedicated servers, which once again included a client and server I created and used a web interface to allow for specific controls (restoring entire accounts, entire servers, reseller accounts and their clients, just databases, specific databases, email data or specific email accounts, just web data, specific files or directories and their contents and so on). Such projects were needed due to major backup solution providers in this field having lacked the specific features, control, security, and stability needed. I have also created custom server monitoring solutions and various clusters for different services across server farms that included hundreds and also thousands of servers. I have also created some DNS clustering solutions for various types of servers to work together.

I've been using WHM/Cpanel essentially since its inception and worked with one of the early developers, but am willing to work with other control panels (or none at all). While there are a great many things I've done and have experience with over the years, I am willing to get into whatever technologies or services you have have that are unique. I learn quickly and have a solid foundation of most of the services and technologies out there. However, specific exposure to some technologies may be limited due to the tasks I was contracted to perform while I've worked with companies in the past (due to only working for them exclusively and thus catering to their specific needs, as my position dictated), but am able and willing to be heavily involved in whatever custom software or technology a company may require experience with to perform my duties.

I am available every day, with flexible hours, or set hours. I have experience with providing support over live chat, email, helpdesk, phone, instant messenger, etc. This includes support levels 1-3, as well as handling administration duties. I have played various roles in my work history, such as as Sr. administrator, COO, CTO, lead developer/programmer and project team leader, to HR & PR positions, support team lead and management, to just about any aspect of this industry. I work very well unsupervised or in a team, or as a team leader.

To reiterate; I have many years of skills in many areas (Apache & Apache modules, PHP (DSO, CGI, SuPHP), Perl, SSH, TCP/IP, DNS (BIND & djbdns), Exim, cPanel/WHM, MySQL, Bash/shell scripting, FTP, CGI, POP/IMAP, tcpwrappers, iptables/apf/firewalls, RPMs, kernels (source/RPM/LKM/modules/modification to source), Apache rewriting, PGP, SSL, procmail, all common tools and commands working in shell/terminal, complex regular expressions for rewrite or in languages, and on and on), dealing with creating custom solutions, all levels of support, abuse, most areas of security, debugging, administration, planning and implementing and acting as lead roles, though I'm willing and work well in a team or with superiors. I am trying to avoid listing many of the things I've done and have experience in, because it's a long list, and we all see that far too often. I can elaborate further if you require or desire so, along with my resume.

I have created custom applications for my personal sites (chat scripts, forums, etc.), some of which were some of the most accessed non-business sites on the WWW several years ago. I have performed technical reviews for programming and sys admin books for companies such as O'Reilly & Assoc. Taught Introduction to UNIX, and Unix System Administration courses, offered courses for scripting and programming languages and various tasks with Perl & C, as well as Unix standards. Trained new hires to provide 1st, 2nd & 3rd Tier Unix support on various web servers and support and administration tasks.

I have provided a full range of diagnostic support services for a variety of services and software. Established standard methods of testing new products and software for quality assurance, as well as code and product review and modification, benchmarking and efficiency.Technical Lead for assessment and design for Internet Service & Web Host Providers' setup & configuration, including a complete 'cookbook' configuration, instructions and FAQ's and kick start scripts. Written thousands of tutorials and knowledgebase articles. Wrote product documentation. Wrote documentation and FAQ's on a large variety of products and support issues, methods, theories. Implemented numerous policies on many technical aspects of support, sales and server administration, security and maintenance.

If you are interested and would like further details, a work history, or are in need of someone with my skills, please contact me. I enjoy creating and finding solutions to problems. The last four or five hosting companies I've worked for are well known, and that covered the last 13 years of my 17+ years of work experience, which I'll happily provide information, references, a resume and contacts regarding. Please contact me at tim AT studiotracks DOT com (alternative email is timgrrr AT gmail DOT com) if you're interested. You may also call my cell: 530-227-9161. Thanks for your time in reading this.

Please send in resume to careers@ jaguarpc.com

Hi there,

I saw your post on another site and sent a resume the other day to you guys and CC to Greg. If you didn't get it, please let me know, as I don't want to risk sending duplicates. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft