Reselling of Reselling

Mason

First, sorry for ma english :) I'll try to explain what I mean :)

I'm going to buy some reseller hosting plan. And now, can I do the same? I mean can I sell reseller hosting from reseller hosting which I bought?

For example I buy 20 GB / 200 GB (from any reselling company) and make from it four 4 GB / 50 GB and sell it as reselling host.

Thanks for help, I'm new in hosting :)

Mason

You'd have to go with a host that gives you sub-reseller features, but I would say that your best bet for quality would be a fully managed VPS.

Mason said:
...can I sell reseller hosting from reseller hosting which I bought?

Mason said:
...I'm new in hosting :)

First of all, welcome to HD, Mason. :)

Secondly, my advice is to reconsider your plans of offering reseller hosting at this point. If you yourself are new to hosting, you need to learn the industry first before you can start reselling your services.

When someone signs up with you as a reseller, they are going to assume they can come to you for guidance when they have a question. But if you (too) are new to it, what kind of support do you expect to offer?

I would ask you to reconsider. Take this seriously. When you are offering reseller services to a paying customer, customer service/support is expected. And you do not currently appear to be in a position where you are qualified to offer said support.

My suggestion to you is this. Before you even get a reseller plan, do lots of reading. There are plenty of online resources for you to learn the web hosting business. Especially forums (like HD). Read, read, read, read, read, then read some more. Until your eyes bleed. Did I mention read?

Once you have some basic knowledge of the industry, then try your hand at a reseller account. When you feel reasonably confident, get yourself a dedicated server and then consider offering reseller services.

Remember, you're not selling a toaster at a flea market. You're selling a service. And that implies you have the training/knowledge/experience to actually offer that service.

Good luck.

Vito

I have to agree with Vito here.

The fact that you are new in the industry, will not translate well to any reseller client you host.

When you offer reseller accounts, remember that these are typically new startup hosting companies. They rely on you for far more support than shared clients, for the most part. Many of their requests are also far more technical than that of shared hosting client's.

Many of them will also be new to the business, and this is not the best time to "learn together."

The idea is to offer the best service you possiby can, and if you lack the knowledge of the industry, that they will need, you can bet your services will get bad reviews, and a bad reputation. This is not something you need as a new startup yourself.

As Vito said, I would reconsider offering reseller plans to your clients, until you've gained more knowledge of the industry, and are then ready to offer the reseller service.

Vito is right, read read read and then read some more. Theres a TON of resources avaialble on the net

One thing I would suggest if you are serious and want to get some hands on exp. is get yourself a small reseller plan then either set up a few of your own sites on it, or offer hosting to a couple of friends. That way you get a feel for how things work. There is a LOT to consider if you want to start a hosting biz, billing, support, marketing etc.

I wouldn't resell hosting via your reseller account. If I were you I would get a low end server. I have seen some nice deals for under $100 per month.

SJRHosting.com said:
I wouldn't resell hosting via your reseller account. If I were you I would get a low end server. I have seen some nice deals for under $100 per month.
If he's new to the business, he won't want the hassle of managing a server, or infact, probably working on a server environment full stop. It's a big responsibility, and managed, or unmanaged, servers take up a fair chunk of time, and require a fairly big chunk of knowledge.

If he does think of going towards the server option, so he can sell off resellers then he should initially look at a fully managed VPS solution, and learn the ropes within that type of environment, before he goes out full-whack on his own system.

yea that plan should work for him, i was looking around and i saw a 1 TB bandwidth xeon proc for 89/month. i would buy it but i allready have 3 servers lol.

Mason if you want to resell reseller account there is a software programmed by deasoft.com I believe, WHM something :p

Check them out!

Wait now....

You have the username CheapReseller, and you're telling people how much you love cheapresellerhosting.net?

Wow! Think you could have been less obvious?

ultraunix.net provided also reseller plan for resellers.
Wong and his team provided an amazing quality of service

i've change my monthly payment for an annual payment with them some weeks ago

This threads a little old Airin, I suggest replying to the newer topics, as you will get more responses. I bet Mason doesn't even come around here anymore.

lol, well since it get bumped up, I guess it doesn't matter much. But for cPanel I don't remember reseller can create reseller account unless you have rvskin, sub-reseller but it's kinda buggy from what I heard.

I beleive their is a script that allows the host with root access to allow resellers to create reseller accounts. I beleive a VPS would be better. At the least.
Dedicated server is where you might have a chance hosting more than 20 people. A VPS can't handle it, unless you're planning on spending over $100 a month, theres dedicated plans under that price, it may be a measly 2.8GHz, but it's better than a VPS any day.
2.8GHz isn't that measly actually..

Jamie,

if you're looking for a reseller account, you should post this request in the Request forum. This is the wrong forum to post any requests.