Resellers are you Happy with your provider?

arkitek

I just wanted to ask some the resellers out there: Do you have providers who say they can provide top notch service and are falling short? Can I know what kind of horror stories you guys have and can you let me know if you are still with them.

Thanks,

Arkitek

arkitek said:
I just wanted to ask some the resellers out there: Do you have providers who say they can provide top notch service and are falling short? Can I know what kind of horror stories you guys have and can you let me know if you are still with them.

Thanks,

Arkitek

So far he's a good guy, I've been with him for a year and a half. I've been through rough times with him.

My provider is realy good, he helped me with my start-up as he knew from the start we would be successful, the uptime is good, the price is low and i always get good pings from the server.
Also my provider has the personal touch hard to find elsewhere, and as i almost went with NationHosts (who recently went of of bussiness) i know i made the right decision with chosing my provider, who is my provider you may ask, its efeito.net, their site is in portuguese so you will need to go onto the english version but dont let that put you off, they offer realy good value all round.

Jonathan

Do these providers have names? I'm sure others would love to know about them since the reseller hosting industry yo-yos like crazy!

Roj

Resellers - Limitations

As you all know there are many limitations that are put on you if you are on a reseller account and offering similar services as your provider.

One of the big limitations is that you can hardly offer competitive pricings when you are so restricted on your resources making it hard to really show much profit. And in this industry/community today, just breaking even is a task to be applauded.

My suggestion is once you have your feel with a reseller plan, look into getting a dedicated box. Like hosting - server providers are growing rapidly which is pushing the prices down.

I know of one - you will have to search threads by me - that offer dedicated boxes at amazingly low prices and all come fully managed with 24/7 support and monitored.

See what you are paying now for the resources you have - and see if you are able to find a box that might be a few more bucks than what you currently pay but your options to expand and grow are higher.

IMHO