Reseller Industry?

IkY0294

HD Addicted
Me and my partner are thinking about introducing reseller plans into our company. I just want to know do they sell? And what about the pricing where could we go about to charge per month for a small account? We are currently doing the plans but I am kind of lost because I want to be able to have plans that will do us good in the long run and also the client will benefit out of it. Whats the average disk and bandwidth a reseller plan should have?

Are people today still interested in resellers or do they just go with VPS accounts?

Web designers seem to fancy resellers. I had one join me last night and brought a reseller. If you look at other web hosts they offer free billing like WHMCS, and free domains, etc.. so unless you plan to offer tons of free stuff to match other hosts go for it.

I offer plans like 10GB DS with 100GB BW and just add an extra 10GB for every higher package. I guess if you have the chance to offer reseller packages why not eh?

Indeed they are still popular.

The fact is, you will sell more of what you market.
I know hosts who sell tons and tons of shared, which is hard for some to sell.

Resellers for us sell well, so does shared hosting, but we do not market it as much.
ANYTHING will sell and sell well, if you market it properly.

I must agree with all the above.. make sure to include a bunch of free features such as (WHMCS, RVskin, etc) and it will bring on attention. Even some of those hosts who include 50 dollars in adsense do quite well, but it's best to try to get the customer to sign up for the year or possibly longer.. that's where the real money is.

Best of luck as it's a great market to be in.. especially using cPanel and getting a VPS/Dedicated with the company you'll be able to cover costs in no time if your able to market correctly and possibly already have an audience who's interested in jumping ship to yourself.

- Tanner

Yes, People has interest in reseller hosting. We started our plan from 10 GB Disk Space and 100 GB Bandwidth. Also offering some free features.

Me and my partner are thinking about introducing reseller plans into our company. I just want to know do they sell? And what about the pricing where could we go about to charge per month for a small account? We are currently doing the plans but I am kind of lost because I want to be able to have plans that will do us good in the long run and also the client will benefit out of it. Whats the average disk and bandwidth a reseller plan should have?

Are people today still interested in resellers or do they just go with VPS accounts?

Just remember that introducing reseller plans and handling resellers is much different to standard shared hosting. Requires a lot more time.

Just remember that introducing reseller plans and handling resellers is much different to standard shared hosting. Requires a lot more time.

the only extra time is that you also have to keep an eye on accounts setup by your resellers.

we dont seem to spend any more time looking after the server with our shared clients on and the one with our resellers on.

Make sure you have the anonymous mode so your reseller can resell too.

Not sure what anonymous mode is.

You will need to register a while labeled name:

set rDNS with it
set honstname with it
set DNS cluster with new IPs and nameserver / rDNS

etc etc. It would be easy if there was a "anonymous" mode.

Not sure what anonymous mode is.

You will need to register a while labeled name:

set rDNS with it
set honstname with it
set DNS cluster with new IPs and nameserver / rDNS

etc etc. It would be easy if there was a "anonymous" mode.

yes you can do this, but if you resell from Singlehop. Comodo, Globalsign, Resellerclub all white labelled buyers will know that you are still reselling their services if they have checked out them direct as whitelabeled sites/pages from them are identical to their own, only under your brand

Make sure you don't allow your clients to make unlimited cPanel accounts else you'd run in quite a lot of troubles, specially when someone would try to create 1000 sites with 10 MB space each ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch