Reseller Help - Australia - I use a Reseller.

aussie_chris

Hello All,

I am new to this, and this is my first post on this forum.

I am in Australia, and sick of using my normal Internet Service Provider for an ISP. Recently I started to use a Web Host that is located in Australia. This host I believe to be a reseller as when i asked him where the servers are he said in New Jersey.

This host is really good (well as i have been reading it is not him but his parent company). NOW, I think i may want to become a reseller.

Is there any way of me finding out who his parent company is? Or is it all sealed up so i can't find out so it gives up the impression that he is the host?

I really like the services that my new host offers, and some of the web hosts that i have found online that offer reseller programs don't seem to offer all the extra services that my host offers, that is why i want to find the parent company that he uses.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Chris.

Chris, now when you say "I think i may want to become a reseller", are you trying to imply that you want to start a hosting company? Do you possess the knowledge of what it takes to run such a venture?

As for that company, it might be easily verifiable if you give us the name (URL) of the company you are hosted on at the moment - we might figure out exactly where its coming from.

Best,

aussie_chris said:
I really like the services that my new host offers, and some of the web hosts that i have found online that offer reseller programs don't seem to offer all the extra services that my host offers, that is why i want to find the parent company that he uses.

I don't think that your question is correct. If your hosting provider
doesn't want to give this information then I think that it won't be
correct to provide you with.

On the other hand if you tell us what are your requirements we can
assist you to find suitable hosting provider.

Here is another idea. If you really like their service, ask them if there is possibility you can resell their services?

This host I believe to be a reseller as when i asked him where the servers are he said in New Jersey.

The logic here is flawed.

New Jersey is home to some of the largest Data Centers in the USA.
Just because a host doesn't have servers in his/her own country doesn't indicate that they are a reseller.

One of the largest web hosts in Australia houses their servers in Texas.

1st You need to find out:
A) is he re-selling hosting plans
B) or is he is a reseller with his own web hosting plans & add-on services.

If A) that is good news for you
If B) than you better learn as much as you can from your hosting provider

Good Luck!

aussie_chris said:

Chris.
I'm really surprized to find out you haven't contacted your current Hoster about upgrading to your own Reseller package? Maybe they offer Reseller packages and maybe they don't, but if are getting good service from them it only makes sense to try and stay with them.

Not knowing how to find out where your Hoster gets their services from, shows you are not yet ready to move beyond a Reseller account. Which, by the way, moving to a Reseller account is the next logical step after having your Hosting account for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys