Recommend an enom reseller? Or advice?

raindog308

I'd like to offer domain registration services to customers.

If I bought/leased WHMCS, I'd get a free enom reseller account. However, I'm not planning on using WHMCS. Unfortunately, unless you get some kind of special benefit deal like that, enom is $200 setup fee + $13/year.

I'm not really looking to make big bucks selling domains - just offering it as a service alongside my main line of business.

I've read that you can get setup with an enom reseller, who then simply charges on a per-registration basis and you don't have to pay a big setup fee.

When I google for enom reseller the list is...huge. Anyone care to make some recommendations?

Or alternatively, some criteria?

Unfortunately the hosting software I'm thinking of using only supports enom at this time, (though I could extend it to other APIs and the publishers do intend to add other registrars soon).

We use ResellerClub as our most used domain name registrar, to provide domain names for our clients. They do NOT require a down payment or entry fee and can be used per domain as you mentioned (as far as I know).

However, we do also use Enom as a backup, as well, for cases where ResellerClub cannot be used or it just wouldn't be practical... For example: sometimes we have clients trying to transfer their domain names away over from another resellers of ResellerClub (aka other hosts), and while pushing/moving a domain name from one reseller account to another via the RC interface is a pretty simple and straightforward process, you're not always going to be able to communicate with other resellers (if they're even still around)..

Therefore in such cases, we simply use our other registrar, which is Enom, and transfer these domain names without any problems. This has saved us countless hours and tons of back-and-forth emails with other hosts/resellers trying to help our clients transfer their domains to us. Saved time means saved money. ;)

Depends really, we use Resellbiz but use to use netearthone, resellbiz's pricing is a bit better and then once you hit the $500 deposits mark it gets better :)

Enom is not too bad, if price is not an issue then just go for whatever you feel will work best.