Really can not lay off RS Now!!

nodehost

Ok, first, heard this:

WHT will not change....

Well, how about this. Went to respond to a request for hosting today, and got told, this is not allowed.

I asked a simple question, why has this been changed, ISP's can not post responses to people requests? Got told "We are not allowing other ISP's to promote thier services on this board anymore. You need to contact the person with the request directly through PM or Email"

Now, this makes no sence. This takes the competitive edge out of it really, and the chance to pick people up. Some people do not know what a PM is, and never look at them, and if you email them, I already had one that I RESPONDED to with exactly his requirement, told me I was spamming him and he was going to have me blacklisted.

This is already causing issues, and I do not see how this helps the consumer (the whole point of WHT supposably). They post it there so that they do not have to get 9 emails a day, and so that they can stay annonoymous.

Any thoughts?

This was done a while back before RS bought it. It was done because people would respond to the requests with "PM Sent" or with offers that didn't match the requests (sometimes they were off by _a lot_). This wastes the original poster's time and apparently they complained to the mods to do something about offers that didn't match their requests.

And I agree with the decision. I was a bit disappointed when the requests first got locked, but I got used to PM and emailing the offers. Then I guess the requests didn't get as many replies as the requesters would have liked, so they lifted the restriction and it happened again -- offers that didn't match the request.

I'm glad they are locked again. It's easier to keep track of (for us hosts), too. :)

Also, I don't see why a person would want to remain anonymous when making a request...

I was one of those people

I was one of those people that posted replies
"I sent you a PM"

But I should say only because I had a few pm's not go through
so I wanted to make sure the person who new I was going to pm them got my pm
:)

I can see why people would want to be annonoymous:

1) they are a reseller - don't want people to know who they are so that they are not figured out easily.

2) they are not wanting the "follow ups" that some ISP's do for 6 months every day

3) They do not want to be contacted by the losing bidders

these are some of the reasons to stay annon. Just my thoughts.

Why not just register an anonymous email address if you want to be anonymous that badly?

So far, I have no problems at all with RS' proposed and activated changes to WHT. Let's see how the management proceeds. So long as Chicken stays by our side and RS stays relatively neutral, I'll be happy there.