Questions about Reseller Web Hosts

swedevil

I was offered a Reseller Host for roughly $5 a month
250 Mb Space ,5 GB Bandwidth /Mo

Here's what I need:
I am making a web site that I presume will have about 20-50 hits a day max. However, I am alosin the process of making Web Sites for my local Police Department and Detention Center! I thought that if I purchased this reseller host, then I could just host their sites too!

My questsions:
1- Is this smart...lol?
2- If I purchased a reseller host, am I gonna have to set up a server, or is the entire thing hosted under someone?
3- Do I end up loading stuff on my computer, or is everything run off line?
4- Any other information that you would like to add!!!

Thank you in advance!

No, I have never published a web site with a paid host. I design sites for fun and was given this chance and wanted good opinions on it!

You can email me if you wish!

1. Very smart to use your reseller account to host many sites at once. Make sure the web sites are not hungry for bandwidth though, otherwise you would end up with a bill for extra usage bill. after 5 GB of limit..

2. The entire thing is hosted by the same company. You will just have a reseller management control panel where you would be able to setup your sites in, allocate resources limits (or leaving it blank). Then you just have a control panel for every site you list/register this way where you can manage them.

3. Not clear what you mean, but you end up uploading stuff from your compauter to the host's server where you have an account so that the files are active and if you point/publish them, they are available for other Internet users. You just have to upload only reletive to your web site files, like HTML files, graphics, maybe some documents if any.

4. 5 GB for $5 is a reasonable deal, but make sure the support and tech performance of the company you get hosting from is outstanding. The fact that you're going to host more than one web site and one of them is going to be for your local police department, then you really wouldn't want the site be vulnerable due to poor host security or if the site gets lots of downtime.

Be careful. Choosing the right host NOW can benefit you in the long run.

Hope this helps,

Sounds like a good idea. I should think you could host a few more sites as well. I don't imagine the local police department site and your other site at 20-50 hits a day will generate much traffic to dent your 5GB monthly allowance.

Hello!

Personally I think that 5GB of bandwidth is not enough. You can find for the price that you are willing to pay more bandwidth.

IMHO it would be to your advantage in this scenario to go with a reseller plan. The plan you currently have might do the trick, but it really depends upon the size of your websites as to how much transfer you will really need.

I always advise clients to start out small and upgrade as needed, most hosts work well with this procedure. Just make sure that you can upgrade quickly and inexpensively and also that overage amounts are not at arm and leg type prices.

Reseller plans are the best way to go if you are looking to host more than one site but if you do know the limitation amounts some companies offer multiple sites to be hosted on one entire control panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jean_garcia2