Platinum Server Management

Sidular

I've been using Platinum Server Management since March 20th, 2012, after being referred to them by a friend in the hosting industry. I've been waiting to write this review for quite a while, and wanted at least six months of service before I came to any conclusions.
Also, I do apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I didn't see a server management area on HD, so I decided to post here instead.
This is a review of a server management company, by a website hosting provider.

Quality of Support

Platinum Server Management really surprised me with the level of experience that each and every one of their technical support agents have. I honestly didn't expect much, considering the very low price of only $29.00. So, I was pleasantly surprised when the agents actually knew what I was asking for, and enjoy having the feeling of added security, knowing that the tech agent is capable of starting and finishing his assigned task without error.

Resolution Time

Unfortunately, this is where PSM runs into some rather major problems. While they guarantee that one of their agents will reply back to you within six hours, this guarantee is hardly ever met, unless you consider automated responses as a genuine reply.
I've had tickets go days without revolve, and actually have a ticket open right now, as I write this review. This ticket has been open for over 24 hours, and has only received two generic "We'll update you shortly" responses.

Rundown

While they are highly inexpensive, they've proven to be very slow with even the most mundane of tasks. Some of my tickets have taken days to properly answer, and the simple act of modifying PHP took well over 12 hours. That said, they have always been able to manage my server properly, and they always get the job done, albeit slowly.

Their technical support is well trained, and is based entirely in America. They don't outsource, so the technical support agents are always easy to understand.

The Verdict

As of this time, I do not recommend Platinum Server Management. They're simply too slow for any kind of realistic business use, and for that alone you should avoid them.
However, if you're looking to get a dedicated server managed by an inexpensive company, and if you do not care how long it takes for said company to resolve any issues that you are having, then Platinum Server Management is by far the best management company around, at least for the price.

Basically, if you intend to operate a business, or if you have multiple dedicated servers that absolutely must be managed professionally and in a timely manner, Platinum Server Management is not for you. Avoid them, as they will be unable to meet your time expectations.
However, if you're simply interested in hosting a few personal projects, such as a blog or online forum, and if you know nothing about server management, Platinum Server Management is an excellent company to go to. They're inexpensive, and always get the job done.

Just wanted to post a little follow-up.

While my above review remains true, I really must stress that Platinum Server Management can take a very long time to reply to even the most basic of support tickets. However, I recently had to get a rather severe issue resolved, and they did not even bat an eye towards my issue. It took them over 6 hours to even reply back, aside from an automated response which they sent an hour after the ticket was created.

This is simply unacceptable for any legitimate management company, and even though I have been using them for quite a while now, I can honestly say that I regret my decision to sign up with them.

Overall, I'd give Platinum Server Management a 6/10.
They're simply not that good of a company, and should be avoided by all web hosting professionals. I'd even go as far as to retract my original statement regarding personal bloggers. Avoid them, even if you run a blog. Find someone else that is capable of answering your questions within a 1 hour period. Sure, you'll pay a little more, but it is worth it.

PSM Seem to have certainly go down over the last few years, maybe to many clients to staff ratio?

Alexander

It is quite unfortunate, and I can only assume that it is indeed caused by the lack of available agents.
Pretty much every single ticket I create is handled by the same three people. I rarely ever encounter anyone else, aside from a manager.

While I'm still using PSM, as like I said, they are really quite inexpensive considering how they always get the job done. However, I have my own guy managing my more important servers.

So, my above review still stands.

IT seems very good that you are happy with their services. I searched on Google but I have not found any single review about them. Can you tell me any other review about them please.

I've been using Platinum Server Management since March 20th, 2012, after being referred to them by a friend in the hosting industry. I've been waiting to write this review for quite a while, and wanted at least six months of service before I came to any conclusions.
Also, I do apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I didn't see a server management area on HD, so I decided to post here instead.
This is a review of a server management company, by a website hosting provider.

Quality of Support

Platinum Server Management really surprised me with the level of experience that each and every one of their technical support agents have. I honestly didn't expect much, considering the very low price of only $29.00. So, I was pleasantly surprised when the agents actually knew what I was asking for, and enjoy having the feeling of added security, knowing that the tech agent is capable of starting and finishing his assigned task without error.

Resolution Time

Unfortunately, this is where PSM runs into some rather major problems. While they guarantee that one of their agents will reply back to you within six hours, this guarantee is hardly ever met, unless you consider automated responses as a genuine reply.
I've had tickets go days without revolve, and actually have a ticket open right now, as I write this review. This ticket has been open for over 24 hours, and has only received two generic "We'll update you shortly" responses.

Rundown

While they are highly inexpensive, they've proven to be very slow with even the most mundane of tasks. Some of my tickets have taken days to properly answer, and the simple act of modifying PHP took well over 12 hours. That said, they have always been able to manage my server properly, and they always get the job done, albeit slowly.

Their technical support is well trained, and is based entirely in America. They don't outsource, so the technical support agents are always easy to understand.

The Verdict

As of this time, I do not recommend Platinum Server Management. They're simply too slow for any kind of realistic business use, and for that alone you should avoid them.
However, if you're looking to get a dedicated server managed by an inexpensive company, and if you do not care how long it takes for said company to resolve any issues that you are having, then Platinum Server Management is by far the best management company around, at least for the price.

Basically, if you intend to operate a business, or if you have multiple dedicated servers that absolutely must be managed professionally and in a timely manner, Platinum Server Management is not for you. Avoid them, as they will be unable to meet your time expectations.
However, if you're simply interested in hosting a few personal projects, such as a blog or online forum, and if you know nothing about server management, Platinum Server Management is an excellent company to go to. They're inexpensive, and always get the job done.

Nice Indepth review, I used them Many years ago this is when they where much smaller and had the time to offer a personal service and where quick on the ball, but they may have grown to big and that personal service has gone now :(