PayPal or not to PayPal

paypal always protect the seller. I don;t want to use it to buy online.

no they dont 9/10 they lean more towards the buyer, but i have seen identical issues in all ways and 1 they will side with seller and the other they will side with the buyer, so paypal are inconsistant and if you contact paypal they just quote you their agreement

How I see it, Paypal is reliable and you shouldn't have a problem with it as long as you don't get into any long term disputes. It's user friendly and most people are familiar with it, so I would still consider it as an option.

You gotta have paypal. You will have unrecoverable losses and really watch it on domain sales. Use maxmind, review everything manually all that.

You will lose a lil money every so often through paypal but it is the cost of doing business. you GOTTA provide it.

However I would never recommend using paypal for any big transactions. Back when I did ddos protected hosting a guy charged back through his credit card/bank over $2400 for 6 months service. Nothing paypal can or will do in that situation. They will not even fight it. Been through it many times.

Seems like I remember paypal having the option of not accepting payments that comes from credit cards, only positive paypal balance but that was done away with a long time ago, Now it is the roll of the dice.

Still if you use maxmind and screen payments, make sure clients are happy your paypal losses will be negligible. I would say even much better then using 2co or others.

The thing is PayPal is getting blocked in several countries and businesses registered in Switzerland or Ukraine cannot accept payments and this makes them loose clients because of it

The thing is PayPal is getting blocked in several countries and businesses registered in Switzerland or Ukraine cannot accept payments and this makes them loose clients because of it

Thats because some countries take a stance against Paypal and the policies which do nopt offer enough protections to the consumer.

ie. someone can set up a website pertaining to provide downloadable products and set up a Paypal account to take payments. then a consumer would order from this site and pay the seller, but not get the downloadable item, complain to PP and be told its intangible so no protection, so seller keeps your money and you get nothing, even if you push it with PP and they do decide to give you your money back, this will come direct from PP and not the seller, so seller still gets away and free to continue.

so in effect Paypal benefits and seems to work with fraudsters as they hide behind their seller/buyer protection policy

PayPal is definitely a good choice. It's well known all over the world and most certainly secure and reliable. Most people use, and trust it, and it's pretty easy to set up too.

I'd recommend using PayPal any day.

we use 2Checkout for another webhosting site, and with 2Checkout, fraud is getting a thing you don't have to worry about so much. but the fee at 2Co is HIIGH. It's much higher than paypal.

So if you don't have any problems with fraud, stay with paypal directly

Fee for 2co is high but now they have reduced their application fee. You may add it as an optional one for your visitors who doesnt prefer paypal for any reason