Parallels panel

agentblack

What is everyone's viewpont on Parallels? The main reason we never switched to it was due to its licensing prices. Granted it has many features that are not located in cPanel, however, the price we are getting for our cPanel licenses makes it a hard pill to swallow on switching.

Many times many parallels providers have tried to take our business but when we tell them the pricing we are getting, most run away in horror.:shaky:

So, others thoughts on Parallels?

We don't do our shared hosting on Windows thankfully, but a sysadmin personal friend of mine was preaching about how great it was. I can't justify the 70$ per server cost for the software.

If it's 70$ a server then it should be able to plug in its own cables, format itself, repair itself, and replace it's own hard drives when they start to fail! HA! :)

We don't do our shared hosting on Windows thankfully, but a sysadmin personal friend of mine was preaching about how great it was. I can't justify the 70$ per server cost for the software.

If it's 70$ a server then it should be able to plug in its own cables, format itself, repair itself, and replace it's own hard drives when they start to fail! HA! :)

for $70 a month, i would want it to be able to do all of the above, and lots lots more, honestly stick with cpanel, you cant go wrong, or you could maybe try directadmin?

if you sell dedicated servers or vps, you can get a license for just $5, $5 to test a control panel isnt asking for much :)

Hmm.. I'm kinda mixed on directadmin. Used their demo on their website. Guess I will need to take some time and poke around with it a little more.

Have to compare features to price and see if it's worth the upgrade. Don't get me wrong, been happy with cPanel, but never hurts to see if there's something better out there!

cpanel can do alot of back end work, this is correct, but thats why alot of people use it.

im more of the command line type, so it doesnt bother me anyway.

directadmin is lightweight, i think it looks so much nicer, plus i guess im used to it now, i used directadmin way before cpanel, and now i guess i wouldnt ever swap, also the $25 price difference helps :)

also, instead of having to panels, like cpanel/whm you only have one in directadmin

DA market themselves as the easiest control panel.

I have tried to sell DA hosting, but without success, so now all my production servers have cPanel

Parallells Plesk is lot more smarter in licensing cause they have levels of domains hosted. cPanel is dumb you can have 1 site or 1001 and you always got to pay their ridiculously high cPanel license price.

cPanel is dumb you can have 1 site or 1001 and you always got to pay their ridiculously high cPanel license price.

another dumb comment a cpanel VPS licence $15 and Ded $29.99 for UNLIMITED domains hosted. hows this dumb. if you have plesk then you have to keep upgrading if you get more clients

That's what we don't like about Plesk is you end up paying through the nose if you grow. We pay sub 13$ for our licensing of cPanel, and the vendors we have looked at, can't even come CLOSE to matching that for unlimited plesk. Really like some of the extra's included in Plesk, but it doesn't justify the extra costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellogs