Need Your Opinion Please!

FastNetServers

Hi Guys

FastNetServers is planning to offer a web hosting special to the public when we celebrate our grand opening. This web hosting special will be available to our first 100 customers only. We would like to ask YOUR opinion about our special and whether you would or wouldn't go for it.

800MB Disk Space
50GB Bandwidth
UNLIMITED STANDARD FEATURES
cPanel Control Panel
$99.95/year

Server Specs:
Dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz
2GB DDR RAM
80GB Hard Drive
RAID 5
Red Hat 7.3

Technical Support Details:
In order to keep costs low we are planning to offer only helpdesk support for this plan with a GUARANTEED response time within 1 hour and a GUARANTEED resolution time within 6 hours.

As mentioned earlier that we are planning to offer this special only to the first 100 customers since we are planning to host about 100 accounts on this server...would this be a good/bad idea?

Please reply back with your comment/feedback and most of all leave your email address in the forum if you would be interested in this plan should we ever consider offering it.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards

600GB bandwidth for one year for only $100. Sounds like a good plan to me.

I am not sure about the 6 hour guarantee resolve time though. Im not sure if I would guarantee that.... sometimes things just dont work out that way.

Plus say when your user opens a ticket..... and you need to get some information from him to fix it. When does the 6 hour time limit start?? from when he opened the ticket... or after you get the information you need. If you do use the 6 hour guarantee make sure your clear things up in your User Agreement. Other than that things look rather decent.

Thank you Jonathan and Gordy for your input on this...Regarding the 6 hour limit GUARANTEE it begins as soon as the ticket as submitted. The user will not be able to submit the ticket until all the fields are filled in therefore it will save us some time in getting back with them if we need additional information.

Thanks again.

Hi Rahul,

The plans and pricing sound great.....

But, I would like to offer up some advice (obviously you can tell me to go to hell if you like)

Im assuming these resources are on a monthly basis....

ie) 50 GB transfer/month

Lets say 100 customers, thats 5000 GB alloted bandwith. Im not sure which provider you are with, but If I can get 5000 GB transfer every month, let me know, Id love to signup.

I guess what Im saying is, you are setting yourself up for future problems.

We all know that most of your customers will NEVER use that much bandwith, but is it really a good idea to oversell your sever to that extent?

$100/per year for 100 customers = $10,000 revenue for the entire year.

This will not be enough (IMO) to cover the cost of your server, support time, lisence fees, admin time, bandwith overusage when (not if), but when it occurs.

At that point, you will be forced to ask your highest useage customers to switch to a different plan, or remove themselves from your server (Probably long before they have reached those resources).

Its just MO, that this is the wrong way to approach growing your business. Again, I may be wrong, but I was compelled to give you my honest opinion (mostly because we have chatted back and forth a few times and you seem like a great guy).

Either way, Im sure your business will be a success, and I hope this advise saves you some stress in the future.

The assumption Im making is that you are receiving between 1000-1500GB per month with your dedicated server, If Im mistaken, and you are receiving 3500GB and up, please disregard this post :)

Hi Andrew

Thank you very much for your response and advice...this is what I would like to hear because it is reasonable from your side. To answer your question this server will have 20.0MBPS bandwidth :)

Hope this answers it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8