Nameservers

GordyMac

Are nameservers CaSe SeNsItiVe?
The reason I ask is because on my primary domain it says the name servers are registered as ns1.hosteffects.com and ns2.hosteffects.com but on my secondary domain it tries to use the nameservers NS1.HOSTEFFECTS.COM and NS2.HOSTEFFECTS.COM and it does not seem to be resolving after about 2 days.. I'm not sure if it just needs more time or if they are case sensitive..

The reason I don't use the lowercased ones on my secondary domain is because it automatically converts to uppercase.. so let me know if you know anything about this..

When you request for the DNS Info to be changed it should have told you if it failed or if the changes was successful. That way you know if the name servers you entered were correct as it is.

Also have you tried to ping them in different ways? That way you can test.

Seems to be workning now.. just my DNS strangely took about 3 or 4 days to resolve instaead of the regular 12-24hours as it always was before.

Well I guess it is not long compared to some people or even the average time but just that it usually resolves in 12-24 hours.

<!--QuoteBegin-GordyMac+Oct 6 2003, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GordyMac @ Oct 6 2003, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Seems to be workning now.. just my DNS strangely took about 3 or 4 days to resolve instaead of the regular 12-24hours as it always was before. [/b][/quote]
What company did you buy the Domain Name

when you create your nameservers thay are automatically changed to uppercase value.... if you whois any domain you will always see

NS1.DOMAIN.COM
never ns1.DomaiN.com or anything like that.

This was actually started about 7 years ago when the internet began to get more popular with home users. They made the auto convert to capitol letters to make a form of unity with all domain name servers.